View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:20 PM
So glad Lady is back home and lets hope the results show something that can be treated and she doesn't have to go through any more tests. I am guessing that she is red on the shaved patches because of her many allergies - have you tried a bit of sudocrem which may sooth it a little. There is another cream that Dogsey members have suggested before but I can't remember it's name but I am sure someone will give advice.

Hope Lady is not too uncomfortable and you manage to get some rest. Hugs to you both. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Awwww, that looks sore That's purely clipper rash, so you need to get some soothing cream into it, maybe Sudocreme or Vit E cream or something. bit of a messy job they did on those legs, but I expect that was in a hurry to get the drip into her and might have been done by an inexperienced nurse having a practice with the clippers. It'll soon come fine once you've put something on it to soothe it. I had the same when Zena was speyed, they had shaved her entire abdomen, even the insides of her legs and she was covered in that clipper rash, but Sudocreme sorted it.

She must be a bit better coz she's sitting up for you instead of lying down sleeping, so that's progress in itself. I do hope she manages to eat something later too, that'd be good. All the best with her, I know you're going to take very good care of her.xxx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Aloe Vera, soothing and cooling.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awwww, that looks sore That's purely clipper rash, so you need to get some soothing cream into it, maybe Sudocreme or Vit E cream or something. bit of a messy job they did on those legs, but I expect that was in a hurry to get the drip into her and might have been done by an inexperienced nurse having a practice with the clippers. It'll soon come fine once you've put something on it to soothe it. I had the same when Zena was speyed, they had shaved her entire abdomen, even the insides of her legs and she was covered in that clipper rash, but Sudocreme sorted it.

She must be a bit better coz she's sitting up for you instead of lying down sleeping, so that's progress in itself. I do hope she manages to eat something later too, that'd be good. All the best with her, I know you're going to take very good care of her.xxx
Oh thankyou soo much ,i was slightly worried about that ,i have some sudocreme so i will use some tonight ,yeah they needed to get her on the drip real fast , she has actually walked outside for a wee and had a drink all by herself ,so thats good news ,still no eating yet ,but i keep trying little bits ,
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Aloe Vera, soothing and cooling.
Thanks i dont think i have any aloe vera ,so i going to try the sudocreme ,and hope that helps ,thankyou
anig
New Member!
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:27 PM
hello!

Is ur dog on any pain killers? If she is on any medication it could b messing with her tummy! I would speak to the vet if it does not clear up after a few days. Hope she is ok?
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by anig View Post
hello!

Is ur dog on any pain killers? If she is on any medication it could b messing with her tummy! I would speak to the vet if it does not clear up after a few days. Hope she is ok?
Hello yeah lady was on pain killers but the only ones she could have are zubrin , she cant have them yet because of this bug and she has been in the vets a few times ,she has many things going on at them moment and i am still waiting for the bowel test results to come back .
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:55 PM
The vet has ladys results back , he said the results show that she most likely has cushings , but they need to take her back in tomorrow to do one more test ,this one is over 8 hours ,he said they have got to make 100% sure that it is cushings cause the medication is expensive ,they dont want to give her the medication if they not 100% sure .
So i have to take her down tomorrow morning and they keep her in all day . they said i need to take her down for 7.30am.
Poor lady is already really stressed out
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Oh goodness poor Lady and poor you for all the worry.
What she is going through must be so awful but hopefully after tomorrow you can start looking forward. Everything crossed here and thinking of you both xx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Got to take lady to vets in 10 min ,to stay in for 8 hours vet says he needs to do more blood tests throughout the day ,poor lady she is alreday really sore and now she has to have more .
Page 15 of 29 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »