Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh my I can just imagine how your heart must have been in your mouth
What a good boy he is not to go any further
For one split second it was and I was thinking all manner of things. Then when I saw him just stood there looking around I had a smile to myself and was pleased at how good he is sometimes.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh bless him, letting you know that gate had blown open, what a star he is not taking himself off for a jaunt! Reminds me of when we had Tara our gsd and had the new puppy, and the workmen had left the gate open, and she sat there and barked and barked and barked until I came downstairs to see what was going on, only to see her sat there, trying to keep the puppy safely inside the garden! Phew! Close call there Lynn, but I'm sure it will never happen again knowing you.
Well I certainly hope it won't Helena I have had a good fiddle with the latch and I think I know what it was. It has been blowing a gale out there and it has stayed shut so it is hopefully fixed now.

Gorden will be out there Saturday checking it is all fixed. I will be cracking the whip.

I am so proud of him he is turning out to be a star this one.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Everyones worst nightmare, I am so glad he was sensible and let you know things were not right.

Treats must be deserved and plenty of hugs!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Close call glad he didnt go a wandering
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Such a good boy - well done Dillon for telling your Mum the gate was open and not going off for a wander. I hate it when Pereg is outside and I cannot see her, always worrying that she has gotten loose, so I can well imagine that instant shock you must have had.

Big (((HUGS))) for the big boy, and also for you! xx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Well done to both of you. You for not panicking and Dillon for not wandering off.

I mut adfmit though, I wouldn't have minded a bit if I'd been walking past and got slobbery kisses and mucky paw hugs!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 07:59 PM
What a good boy he is bless him.
I can only imagine the fright you got!
I would not have minded one bit if bernese kisses and hugs from that gorgeous pup!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 08:13 PM
What a good boy, just letting you know, "look I got out and didn't go any where"...bless him.
Huge hugs to the gorgeous boy
xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 08:42 PM
One of the other occupants of the apartments on my floor used to leave the Fire Door to the stairs propped open (to get some air through) I was always remonstrating with them about it, mainly for Fire Escape Safety but also because Bella was a puppy and min pins are renowned escape artists.

One day she vanished and I panicked and took the lift down to go search for her and hoped she hadn't been run over in the road. When the lift got to the ground floor and opened - there she was, sitting outside it waiting for it! Phew!

Don't think she'd got as far as working out how she was going to push the buttons to get back up tho!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Everyones worst nightmare, I am so glad he was sensible and let you know things were not right.

Treats must be deserved and plenty of hugs!
He had lots of hugs and lots of well not to many biscuits. we have to wach his waist line.

Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
Close call glad he didnt go a wandering
Me too. I think he would of ended up on the field whether I would of got him so easily from there is another matter.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Such a good boy - well done Dillon for telling your Mum the gate was open and not going off for a wander. I hate it when Pereg is outside and I cannot see her, always worrying that she has gotten loose, so I can well imagine that instant shock you must have had.

Big (((HUGS))) for the big boy, and also for you! xx
Thank you Malka. Every dog we have had I always have to check the garden every so often especially when it is quiet that they are where they are meant to be.

Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Well done to both of you. You for not panicking and Dillon for not wandering off.

I mut adfmit though, I wouldn't have minded a bit if I'd been walking past and got slobbery kisses and mucky paw hugs!
I think most people would of been fine it would of been the neighbours that don't like dogs are frightened of them and always wearing their designer garb that would of copped it I expect. Dillon would be more than happy to give you mucky cuddles.

Originally Posted by Berger View Post
What a good boy he is bless him.
I can only imagine the fright you got!
I would not have minded one bit if bernese kisses and hugs from that gorgeous pup!
He would of happily obliged. He wanted to love the dustmen this morning. We stood by the gate while they emptied our bin and one of them made a fuss of him.

Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
What a good boy, just letting you know, "look I got out and didn't go any where"...bless him.
Huge hugs to the gorgeous boy

xx
Thank you he is a good boy.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
One of the other occupants of the apartments on my floor used to leave the Fire Door to the stairs propped open (to get some air through) I was always remonstrating with them about it, mainly for Fire Escape Safety but also because Bella was a puppy and min pins are renowned escape artists.

One day she vanished and I panicked and took the lift down to go search for her and hoped she hadn't been run over in the road. When the lift got to the ground floor and opened - there she was, sitting outside it waiting for it! Phew!

Don't think she'd got as far as working out how she was going to push the buttons to get back up tho!
Oh bless her. Dillon wouldn't of been able to work it out either. It certainly makes your heart skip a beat. The immense relief I felt just seeing him standing there was a very good feeling. I likened him to an old man with his pipe and cap leaning on his garden gate watching the world go by.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 07:09 AM
I put a safety clip on the gate as an extra precaution when Toby is in the garden....went out the other day to find someone had nicked the clip!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >