Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 12:36 PM

ok panicking about max again!

have just come in to find that max who has been so good in preperation for santas arrival has eaten an entire tub of dates stones and all! he looks sheepish but thats cos he knows he has been naughty! he also ate a lot of the plastic container! should i panic or just keep an eye on him! i cant get through to the vet as they have gone to lunch and i dont know what to do
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 01:07 PM
omg katy get the poo bags ready!!lol im not sure if theyre ok for dogs to eat, have you rung the vet?
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 01:08 PM
yes got through eventually and they said just keep an eye on him or bring him in if i am worried but they always say that he seems normal he just was running round the garden then he jumped on the settee so he is still being norty if thats anything to go by
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh dear me Kate. Max is a real lab, huh?

Uhm I donno either if dogs can eat dates. Have u gotten a hold of the vet yet?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi Katy don't stress too much Think logic..the stones are fairly smooth and should pass through anyway, the dates themselves will have a laxative effect, you don't say how big the plastic was but if it was selophane wrapping and fairly thin in should pass through with the dates so get that poo scoop ready and keep calm dogs have eaten a whole lot worse.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 01:29 PM
the plastic was quite tough plastic and the bits he has left (obviousley full by this point) were quite sharp. again he seems normal but my major stress every xmas is something will break or someone will be really poorly and no normal services are available! now the dog wants to make me go grey!!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 01:33 PM
well if its any consolation katy, indie has eaten half of her very thick plastic bucket
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 03:18 PM
just like babies..everything on top shelves here......mine would eat anything as well Katy .. sure they will pass ok ...
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Katy
you really ought to start feeding poor Max

seriously though I hope hes ok and no doubt you will have some nice runny poos to clear up soon
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Oh Katy!!!!!

As a wise woman must have said - all things must pass. Sure the date stones and plastic container will.

As to Christmas emergencies - I would rather depend on my vets than my doctor Dolly (previous Staff) broke her elbow at my mums on Boxing Day - straight to vet, immediate attention, surgery later that evening, progress call 10pm Boxing Night, nothing too much trouble. Total cost £27 (probably about £150 now, with inflation) and no hint that it was anything but a pleasure - all my apologies were met with 'no, it's my duty day, no problems!'
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >