Our sister sites
Labradoodle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Help please - New mum panicking

Hi All,

My Molly isn't feeling too well.

She was fine this morning on her morning walk, by 10am she had diarrhea. Thick soup like consistancy.... that has been going on all day. So far 5 poo's like that. Getting a little worried now as she is only 17 weeks old.

Could it be something she has eaten?

In all other respects she is fine - still playing, still eating, still drinking, still wanting attention and to be near her mum!

Should I worry or just keep an eye on her?

Any advice greatly received

Thanks

Tracy
xxx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi

Personally, seen as she still seems happy in herself, i would give her some scrambled eggs or plain cooked chicken and rice.

then, if she is still the same tomorrow pop her down the vets.

Could she have eaten anything dodgy?
Labradoodle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Hi

Personally, seen as she still seems happy in herself, i would give her some scrambled eggs or plain cooked chicken and rice.

then, if she is still the same tomorrow pop her down the vets.

Could she have eaten anything dodgy?
I have already been told that chicken and rice would be best for her. By plain cooked do you mean boiled? I have some roasted chicken but was told not good! Also, I have been advised not to feed her until tomorrow noon - is that a good idea??

I don't think she has eaten anything dodgy, but on her walk this morning she picked something up that looked like a small (very small) bit of mushroom, but I can't be sure.
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2010, 10:05 PM
As your pup is quite happy I would perhaps withhold food for about 24hours but make sure she's still drinking water. After that, I'd either do the boiled rice/egg thing (my Joe loves that) or a small amount of her usual food and up it gradually.

When Joe gets a dodgey tum, I stop his food,try and get him drinking as normal and gradually increase it to his normal amount, depending on his tum

Hope she's better x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Personally, I hate withholding food from pups this young..... I would prefer a very light diet - scrambled egg, boiled chicken, rice etc, and if no improvement in 48 hours, then a trip to the vets.

Good luck - please keep us posted.....

x0x
Labradoodle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Morning All

Molly seems a little better this morning. Still loose poo, but better than yesterday.

I haven't given her anything to eat yet, but that doesn't seem to be bothering her.

Off to buy chicken to boil!

Tracy xxx
Labradoodle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Afternoon,

Molly LOVES boiled chicken and rice! Only gave her a little and the bowl was clean in no time!

She is sleeping now and she seems OK. Going to keep her on the chicken and rice for a few days and then slowly re-introduce her biscuits - is that the right thing to do?

Tracy
xx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
Hi All,

My Molly isn't feeling too well.

She was fine this morning on her morning walk, by 10am she had diarrhea. Thick soup like consistancy.... that has been going on all day. So far 5 poo's like that. Getting a little worried now as she is only 17 weeks old.

Could it be something she has eaten?

In all other respects she is fine - still playing, still eating, still drinking, still wanting attention and to be near her mum!

Should I worry or just keep an eye on her?

Any advice greatly received

Thanks

Tracy
xxx
At 17 wks old, I would be calling the vet, dont leave it over the weekend, young pups are very vunrable to dehydration,

In the mean time try to ge t fluids into her as much as possible,

But if it was me, she would be at vets now!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
Afternoon,

Molly LOVES boiled chicken and rice! Only gave her a little and the bowl was clean in no time!

She is sleeping now and she seems OK. Going to keep her on the chicken and rice for a few days and then slowly re-introduce her biscuits - is that the right thing to do?

Tracy
xx
Just caught this, what is her fluid intake, is she taking the rice and chicken, has she still got the runs,

Why not ring your vet , just to put your mind at rest,

As I said, puppies can go down hill very quickly, so better be safe than sorry.
Vickyd1987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Good luck hun, please keep us posted!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >