View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Keybeagle
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-08-2006, 11:10 PM

Missy Is Still Not Settling In Her Crate!!!

Hiya again,

Ohhhhhhhh I just dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!

Missy is still not settling in her crate on an evening.

On a day time there is no problem if I put her in there when I am busy, but on a night she just cries and tries to escape, which luckily with the new crate, she cannot.

I am starting to think now, that the problem lies with our fridge/freezer!!!!!!!

On an evening you can really hear the ice cracking and it bangs and buzzes and makes some awful noises!!! I know its not faulty out of the fact that it is only 4 months old and in the instructions it says it will bang and makes noises!!! I didnt realise it did this until after buying it and having it delivered by the way. I wouldnt mind but we paid alot for it!!!!

It is one of those economical, energy saving blah blah blah ones.

I know Missy doesnt have a problem with the crate as she does happily go in there. Something is setting her off I think!!!!

Do you think it is worth putting Missy's crate in the downstairs cloakroom/toilet? It would be a tight squeeze but it is not a horrible, and maybe that way I could see if it was the fridge/freezer.

However, this is all good and well but do you think I should get her used to bangs etc because we cant remove everything in life that bangs!!!!!!!

Oh I dont know what to do!!!!!

Shall I continue with what I am doing and hope she gets used to it?

Try her in the cloakroom for a night and see how she is?

Buy a new Fridge Freezer?

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated. I arent having her sleeping in our bedroom because I personally dont think the problem lies with us not been with her. I believe that if the crate was in the bedroom it is just giving in to what she wants.

Is it just because she is only 9/10 months that she is playing up? trying it on maybe?

Thanks in advance