Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2018, 06:54 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday,10th May.

Good morning all. Just lost a whole posting!

Harvey, I will look at that property when I get back from walking Amber. Just hope the rain holds off for a while.

Hope Dillon, Casey, Tyto and Deags are all ok. Hope Casey's blood test goes ok.

Griff, hope you are feeling better today.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Morning all
Builders back again..bang bang bang.
Kota got me up at 5.30...upset tummy, then it was boiling hot so I asked could I turn the heating off...my mum said it was and I said it was on and she went absolutely mental...fed the cat and just went back to my room
Kota was supposed to get the second part of her jab today but speaking to the vets they have said no...so Monday it is.
Harvey, hope Casey's blood test is o.k
Mandy, horrible to lose a nice manager... especially quickly
Chris, people can be so funny and have odd ideas, I try not to let it bother me but I do blow up sometimes
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.
Not such a nice day here today rained overnight and earlier this morning now breezy, cooler and overcast at times.
Just received an email from the planning dept., bit frustrating to be honest they have agreed an extension till 31st May. Oh well if it doesn't go through Paul and Beth still interested if it does we will be sitting tight for a while anyway. Would just like to know which way it will go now house all ready to go or for us to continue with more tweaking if we decide to stay for a few more years.

griff sorry Kota has an upset tummy and you have had a run in with mum. Hopefully it will be sorted later between you.
Mandy hope you get a nice replacement manager.
Harvey good luck with Casey's blood test.

Nice cooler day for a walk today and we are stuck in waiting for UK mail for a delivery which I hung around for yesterday only to be told late in the day by the company the samples didn't get to the courier in time. So another day sat near the front door.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope both you and Kota are feeling better today Griff and the banging doesn't go on all day again. Hope you and mum have now made friends again (hug)

Hope your new manager is as nice as the last one Mandy makes working life so much easier.

Typical planning department Lynn. Hope everything is sorted by the end of the month so that you can put plans into action. Hope your delivery very arrives soon.

Fingers crossed for Casey's blood test today Harvey.

Hope you soon find a nice bungalow Moyra.

I have found some butterfly netting on line and have placed and order so hopefully I can replace my contraption next week

Rain overnight and a bit damp first thing but now the sun is out although not as warm as yesterday and have a strong breeze. Done a bit of tidying in the garden and the firm who did our conservatory have replaced a blown glazing unit. We had also ordered a replacement upvc door panel as the one we have has a cat flap in it and to say it is drafty over the winter is an understatment. Unfortunately it is damage so another is on order. Why did they only find this out today as it is five weeks since the order was placed and then I had to ring and find out when they were coming.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2018, 11:12 AM
ERm i found the butterfly netting and posted the link to Sue, She ain't taking the credit for that.

They came and have replaced a blown double glazed fanlight widow in the conservatory. They were supposed to replace the bottom panel in the back door which at the moment has a huge cat flap in it, a tiger could get through it. Unfortunately the replacement was damaged so they have to order another one.

should be here by next week, oh ordered it 5 weeks ago,amazing how fast a company can get to do a job
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely morning again. Cool breeze, but sunshine all the way.

The town's McDonalds seems to be becoming a regular haunt for our transient community. One guy you can smell as you walk in the door when he's in there and another sits facing the door, always a small pile of 2p pieces in front of him and looking forlorn. He asks folk for cigarettes and waits for people coming out and looks pathetic. While we were having our coffee, he got about £5 (all goes in his pocket with the small pile of 2ps in front of him on the table), 2 cigarettes and a cheeseburger. Not bad for around 15 minutes.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Awww Chris, it's all over the country now, we walk for 5mins up town and we will see about 8 of them...I have no doubt some are genuine but there are quite a few "professionals" I got took for a mug and I am sorry to say I don't give anybody anything now...at Christmas I give clothes to the salvation army to give out
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2018, 07:47 PM
The vast majority here aren't genuine.

Drug users and drunks abound.

I do know it's everywhere and a growing problem. The bull will have to be taken by the horns at some point by the powers that be
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-05-2018, 09:14 PM
'evening everyone
A heartfelt thanks to all wishing Casey well on the blood test. It will be middle of next week before the results are back. The Lanoxin Pg appears to be working, at least his appetite has improved, but there can sometimes be serious side effects, which is why he has to have the blood test.

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, I will look at that property when I get back from walking Amber.
Moyra, not sure if you'll see this since you've logged off for the night but when I went on the Jackson-Stops web site I couldn't find that property, don't know why, maybe a glitch on their site, but it was in the paper.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
I got took for a mug and I am sorry to say I don't give anybody anything now
Once bitten twice shy, I am the same now, it sometimes seems mean but to be brutally honest there are far to many two legged humans around who are devious and deceiptful, and I don't like being taken for a mug.

Good night, sweet dreams all
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2018, 09:14 PM
There is a chap who sits outside our Sainsburys (new type of beggar) who I first saw a lot in Tunisia and Barcelona last year. Sitting legs under then head down placard in from o them saying "Homeless please give" and a mug. The chap ouside our sainsburys is dropped off every morning by a chap in a new BMW.........no one on our estate gives him anything but passers through do. Must be worth it,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >