View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Back from helping Mark with some gardening.

Shower looking great.
I suppose we have the joy of leaving whatever time we like Chris. But yes your right we could hit some trouble being bank holiday weekend.
griff definitely insurance for health issues with large breeds but a Tibetan mastiff as a first time dog is certainly not something I would recommend. They are not recommended for first time dog owners.
Bigger than Bernese and twice as stubborn. they were and still are used as a guardian breed to protect sheep from predators such as wolves. So they will have a fiercely independent streak.
http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/tibetan-mastiff#/slide/1 Good luck to them I wouldn't even consider one now after owning three large breed dogs in my dog owning time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2018, 02:30 PM
I tried to say that A it was a bad idea getting a puppy if you are likely to be leaving it (they are going to get a dog walker and can both work from home.. well how come my aunty has already had to spend 2days there??) And B to get such a big dog as a first time owner but well they know best, she couldn't even clean her own rabbit out when her parents went away...I am not pleased but will offer advice where I can for the dogs sake
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Oh dear griff tears before bedtime possibly ?
These dogs especially the guardian breeds while young need constant training with one person in charge and everyone else in the household listening to and administering the training put in place.
Good luck to them I think they might need it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2018, 03:37 PM
I know Lynn..all this came about because of flipping discover dogs at crufts!! Both went different days, saw the Tibetan mastiff and thought they were lovely...so crufts was march, we are start of may... don't think they could have done thorough research in that time!! The breeder must just see poundsigns, I really hope it turns out well but a large mistake to make
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Unfortunately some breeders are like that griff.
Lets hope they will give the support that might be needed. Do you know if the dog can be returned to breeder if needed under any circumstance ? Although it isn't actually worth the paper it's written on and it's mainly the puppy buyer not the breeder who doesn't return the puppy (dog) but sells it on or puts it in rescue if a breeder asks you to sign that contract it kind of gives you a good feeling about the breeder and know they will help and support if needed.
A lot of breeders find out dogs they have bred this happens to and they are beside themselves if and when they find out. Lets hope they have the jackpot.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2018, 05:19 PM
well this evening the workmen have finished , LED lights are amazing how bright they are compared with what was there. Showers work, they had to swap hot/cold due pipes to a left handed plumber originally who didn't know left from right.

Sue is doing the painting of walls and ceiling, why pay £450 for a painter to do it when all it costs is a couple of pots of paint.
Me paint???? Sue would not even allow me near a paint brush let alone one with paint on it

The amount of room now in the en suite feels as if it has doubled in size now that monstrosity has gone. Tuesday the rubbish is being picked up so that is all outside at the moment.
I even saved on proper mirror screws and caps, the workmen had spares so that saved £4/5.

That is enough for Sue to get a fancy ended to the light switch pull cord, last of the big spenders she is

Ok it cost a bit to have done, but if we wanted to sell,which we don't, this would help sell and hopefully add a bit on the selling price.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Thanks Lynn, I will delicately try to ask
Lol Tumbleweed if you are anything like me best to steer clear of paint..I end up with more on me and have a habit of standing in it or knocking the pot over lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2