View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jutus
New Member!
Male 

24-02-2017, 09:56 AM
She is going Back in the next 2 hours I have mad up my Decision and this was the Deal, We take her until the weekend to try her out and the family has agreed to this.

End of Story

Now you can blame who ever you Like

next mission is to look for a new dog Husky or no Husky ,It Must be trained this is for sure I will not make this mistake again
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Dogs being rehomed for any reason rarely come ready trained, whatever the owner says. My view is assume the worst, don't expect them to have any training and if they do it's a bonus. A dog being rehomed will usually be on it's best behaviour when it first arrives. It's easy enough to start training as soon as you bring them home and they then adopt your way as the right way.
I recently took on two dogs, neither has any real training but they are doing really well.
People did try to warn you what you were taking on and you ignored the advice given. So if you are expecting to find a fully trained dog maybe you should go to a rescue centre and specify what you're looking for and let them point you in the right direction. It is unfair on any dog to be moved all the time and never be settled. Maybe spend some time considering your priorities and listen to people experienced in the breed you want and take advantage of their experience.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jutus View Post
She is going Back in the next 2 hours I have mad up my Decision and this was the Deal, We take her until the weekend to try her out and the family has agreed to this.

End of Story

Now you can blame who ever you Like

next mission is to look for a new dog Husky or no Husky ,It Must be trained this is for sure I will not make this mistake again
If it's exercise you want, get a collie.
Jutus
New Member!
Male 

24-02-2017, 04:56 PM
collie was My Number 1 choice But where I live they are very Expansive

we will see
Jutus
New Member!
Male 

24-02-2017, 05:02 PM
@Trouble

Thanks for your advice and yes a rescue center will do good for me
as far as the advice that was provided
I was ready for any normal dog that iis house trained annd atleast has the basic site come commands BUT this one had nothing in her

they probably just let there kids play with her from day one without any training and Now she has grown up they cant handle her any more because they never trained her

Poor dog I tried to help her and give her a Better Life BUT this was way to much

I wish her the best

she is back now with her family
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2017, 05:53 PM

we will see
We got ours from a rescue centre. We had to pay for him being chipped.

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2017, 06:26 PM
@Trouble

Thanks for your advice and yes a rescue center will do good for me
as far as the advice that was provided
I was ready for any normal dog that iis house trained annd atleast has the basic site come commands BUT this one had nothing in her

they probably just let there kids play with her from day one without any training and Now she has grown up they cant handle her any more because they never trained her

Poor dog I tried to help her and give her a Better Life BUT this was way to much

I wish her the best

she is back now with her family
To be fair every rehome I've taken on has had no training and the resulting behaviour is why they are rehomed. My current two didn't even know sit but they do now and they thought it was ok to use the house as a toilet. They soon learn but it requires time and patience.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2017, 07:32 PM
What a car crash of a thread

I feel so sorry for that beautiful husky and I do hope she finds an experienced and dedicated home. They are a breed that are victims of their own popularity due to their undeniable beauty. People fall for the looks without putting any thought into the commitment and time needed to provide this breed with the lifestyle they need. I believe that only those who want to work their dog in a traditional type manner (whether by canicross, pulling a rig or scooter etc) should ever consider owning a husky.

OP - it worries me that you seem unwilling to put in any time or effort with training a new dog. And, with that in mind, I would suggest you look at a different type of pet.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
If it's exercise you want, get a collie.

we will see
Please do not get a border collie. They are a highly intelligent breed that need as much mental stimulation and training as exercise.

Read this article prior to even considering a border collie as a pet.

http://agilitynet.co.uk/training/bor...ewindeatt.html
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
To be fair every rehome I've taken on has had no training and the resulting behaviour is why they are rehomed. My current two didn't even know sit but they do now and they thought it was ok to use the house as a toilet. They soon learn but it requires time and patience.
Ours was picked up as a stray. No history prior to us getting him from the rescue centre.

We don't know if he was house trained but from day one he went outside do do his business.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >