Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:19 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Hope you all had a great week-end, I know we did, my only blip being Dave couldn't get his wireless headphones to work when I wanted a nanny nap yesterday afternoon (first in 4 days I'll have you know ). I heard all the huffing and puffing coming from the lounge, and when I got up after an hour, he told me he got so mad he almost smashed the lot off the wall, which he said was quite "worrying" He had put the soundbar on the wall underneath the tv on Saturday, but according to him, he had touched nothing else, which means they should have worked like they always did. I tried Google for him but he wasn't interested. Now had I been in the same frame of mind that I was in a few weeks ago, and our relationship was in the state that it was, I fear I could well be under that patio this morning, but at least I got him laughing about it all in the end.

I've finally pinned down my resident guest in van 2 and I'm meeting him up there at 5pm tonight when he'll pay me for 2 weeks that he's been away (Hello Dunelms!! ) and will have moved all of his stuff into his new van and help me take all my lot in there and set up the telly for me - that's the plan anyway, but you know what happens with well thought out plans!!

I'm stuck with walking in the woods this morning and it rained overnight, cos I can't fit Zena in the car as Dave loaded it all up for me last night with the van stuff. Can't complain really, cos we had a glorious evening along with a pretty good week-end, especially Saturday afternoon for watching the vulcan.

Sally, I couldn't believe it when you said your brother actually flew these, and I did laugh at the windscreen episode

Lynn, hope you've had a good week-end, it must be such a nice feeling now that the house is off the market, no more intensive cleaning huh?

Jenny, I hope you had a lovely evening with your brother and other visitors you had popping round.

Jen, hoping little Pepsi is much better today and no more sickness.

Chris glad to see you pop back in cos we hadn't seen you for a while, and I hope everything is getting better for you now.

June, hope you say my pictures of that new garden yesterday and noticed those pretty plants I was on about?

Haven't been able to keep up since Friday, but I'm back on form today and will be for the rest of the week as Dave has gone back to work, I have no blooming builders around, so I can please myself this week, apart from setting up that van, but that starts tomorrow.

Enjoy your day everyone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Helena, So glad everything worked out fine with Dave in the end this weekend and you are all set up to sort out Van 2. Have a good day even if it does mean walking Zena through the woods. Take care.

I hope everyone has a lovely day. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Morning Helena glad you and Dave had such a good weekend together and that you have tracked down your tenant.
Lets hope he sticks to his word and helps you out it would be very handy if he did.
Better warn Dunelms to roll out the red carpet Helena's on her way.
Oh dear about Dave and the headphones has he always had a short fuse like that or is this something which has started happening recently because if it is recent it sounds like stress. Don't know what you think.

Wish me luck my dogmobile goes for its MOT at 9 this morning it passed fine last year so am hoping for the same this year we can't afford having to pay for things to put right on it not yet anyway.
Not sure whether I will take Dillon for a walk or take the car or whether Gorden will take the car.
Other than that just housework.

Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Good morning Moyra and thank you. Hope you enjoy your walk with Amber and that it helps with your back along with any other aches and pains. Hope Steve is getting himself sorted with the gp too.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning H and all.

I seem to have more or less bounced back this morning. I have some things stressing me out big time that I need to sort out, but I am sure I will.

I have a very hectic couple of weeks coming up as my friend is now in America and I have to look after the elderly lady she cares for as well as all my normal stuff and work and trying to sort out the stressful stuff, the move, the wedding etc etc.

Lily is still very sensitive round where her dew claw come out and I have noticed this morning a slight discharge from it and she keeps licking at it, so I must phone the vets later as I think it may be infected and I am hoping they will leave me out some antibiotics rather than me having to try and fit in an appointment with them around everything else I am trying to do.

H, Glad your weekend was good with Dave.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend, take care and have a good day today.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn who snuck in while I was typing. Fingers crossed here for your dogmobile Lynn.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena glad you and Dave had such a good weekend together and that you have tracked down your tenant.
Lets hope he sticks to his word and helps you out it would be very handy if he did.
Better warn Dunelms to roll out the red carpet Helena's on her way.
Oh dear about Dave and the headphones has he always had a short fuse like that or is this something which has started happening recently because if it is recent it sounds like stress. Don't know what you think.

Wish me luck my dogmobile goes for its MOT at 9 this morning it passed fine last year so am hoping for the same this year we can't afford having to pay for things to put right on it not yet anyway.
Not sure whether I will take Dillon for a walk or take the car or whether Gorden will take the car.
Other than that just housework.

Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn, good luck with that MOT and I'm sure if there were no "advisories" on last year's mot that you didn't get sorted, it should sail through. No, Dave is usually very calm and can hold his temper, athough I do know he lost it once before I met him and pinned his dad against the wall When I asked him yesterday what stopped him smashing it all off the wall, he said he doesn't know, so I told him it was probably "mum" It did worry him, and it also worries him that he's actually forgotten how he set them up 3 weeks ago I trod very carefully believe me, I know when to keep quiet lol!

Lol at Dunelms there rolling out the red carpet for me!!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Good morning everyone

Stormy night and Met Eireann our national weather people, finally got round to putting up the Weather Warning they should have put on early yesterday. 25-40mm of rain in the next 24 hours in this area. They had the cheek to date it early yesterday too.. Saturday night in the Auld Sod... Would never have ventured out had I known..

Ah well; they say it will ease later today and Dublin, where our friends are now, is not as bad.

Taffsmum; please come back and bring the sun back!

Quiet day now; three very full days ahead so resting and eating etc now. Knitting a delightful pink and white and lilac lacy baby set.. hat and booties... Faith that one day soon will be out there in sunshine....

You all sound so busy compared with me in my wee Irish backwater ... good luck with it all!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all.

I seem to have more or less bounced back this morning. I have some things stressing me out big time that I need to sort out, but I am sure I will.

I have a very hectic couple of weeks coming up as my friend is now in America and I have to look after the elderly lady she cares for as well as all my normal stuff and work and trying to sort out the stressful stuff, the move, the wedding etc etc.

Lily is still very sensitive round where her dew claw come out and I have noticed this morning a slight discharge from it and she keeps licking at it, so I must phone the vets later as I think it may be infected and I am hoping they will leave me out some antibiotics rather than me having to try and fit in an appointment with them around everything else I am trying to do.

H, Glad your weekend was good with Dave.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend, take care and have a good day today.
Morning Bev, oh dear, not more stress on your plate! What about dunking that foot and dewclaw in some diluted hibiscrub Bev, It might well do the trip and stem any infection before it gets too deep? You never know, sometimes you can stop these things in their tracks. I remember with one of Zena's claws, the vet told me to slap on a load of Savlon and wrap it up for the day which I did, and voila, next day she could walk again it had completely gone! Good luck with your heavy load this week.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Good morning everyone

Stormy night and Met Eireann our national weather people, finally got round to putting up the Weather Warning they should have put on early yesterday. 25-40mm of rain in the next 24 hours in this area. They had the cheek to date it early yesterday too.. Saturday night in the Auld Sod... Would never have ventured out had I known..

Ah well; they say it will ease later today and Dublin, where our friends are now, is not as bad.

Taffsmum; please come back and bring the sun back!

Quiet day now; three very full days ahead so resting and eating etc now. Knitting a delightful pink and white and lilac lacy baby set.. hat and booties... Faith that one day soon will be out there in sunshine....

You all sound so busy compared with me in my wee Irish backwater ... good luck with it all!
Morning Rosebud, and I was sorry to read you had such a wasted day at the week-end with all the rain keeping people away. Keep up that knitting and build up your stock cos I'm sure the sun will shine on you soon and you can sell it all.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »