Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
Millie was always fine on both (200g of JWB and 300g of WW), she loses weight on the senior (JWB) so she goes on adult JWB and senior WW.
Never had the problem though with amount of feeding; this does make JWB cheaper for me though as it lasts much longer and i get it £40 a bag.

I noticed WW also list about 96% of ingredients and JWB is only 60 odd %. I'd love to know what JWB special ingredients is; maybe i'd trust it more.

WW is better in my opinion though especially the information they give us
I am afraid I do not understand this statement?

Labelling is quite clear, what do you think is missing?

Do you understand how to read a food label and what has to be put on it and what does not?
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Interesting topic.

Does anyone know who manufactures Wainwrights for PAH?
I'd heard JWB (or at least is same ingrediants as) but that might not be right. They don't do the variety I use anyway.

If you google the ingredients of the wainwrights you find lots of 'unbranded' versions of the same thing
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
I'd heard JWB (or at least is same ingrediants as) but that might not be right. They don't do the variety I use anyway.

If you google the ingredients of the wainwrights you find lots of 'unbranded' versions of the same thing
I thought it might be. That'll be Crown Pet Foods then - Royal Canin etc.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Wainwrights are an independent company in their own rights. They did a deal with PAH, where PAH have exclusive rights to sell their food. It has obviously paid off as sales of the food go very well & i would be one of the first to recommend it.

I dont think i will keep him on the JWB, doesnt seem right to me that i have to give so much more in quantity, would ge concerned there might be other things not included that he requires

Anyone like to recommend a food?

If not will probably go down the lines of Pro Plan etc
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Wainwrights are an independent company in their own rights. They did a deal with PAH, where PAH have exclusive rights to sell their food. It has obviously paid off as sales of the food go very well & i would be one of the first to recommend it.

I dont think i will keep him on the JWB, doesnt seem right to me that i have to give so much more in quantity, would ge concerned there might be other things not included that he requires

fish4dogs?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Just thinking again.....

Maybe it's just because the JWB food you were using is lower in fat than WW, thus needing less of WW?

That said, I have never had a problem weight wise (or any other problem with JWB) on my two. I feed less of JWB than I did with CSJ and about the same as Burns.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am afraid I do not understand this statement?

Labelling is quite clear, what do you think is missing?

Do you understand how to read a food label and what has to be put on it and what does not?

They both state what the ingredients are but i don't see anywhere where JWB state what percentage the ingredients are apart from the meat, rice and barley/oats. Wainwrights tell us the percentage of all but a couple of their ingredients.
I've also noticed that they don't always list the ingredients in order too
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post

I noticed in an earlier thread that you said you wouldn't have Wainwrights delivered for practical reasons. If it suits your dogs and you like it you could order on-line from PAH a 15kg bag would be a free delivery - just a thought.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 05:36 PM
WHy not get Wainwright delievered to your door?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
They both state what the ingredients are but i don't see anywhere where JWB state what percentage the ingredients are apart from the meat, rice and barley/oats. Wainwrights tell us the percentage of all but a couple of their ingredients.
I've also noticed that they don't always list the ingredients in order too
How bizarre as when I looked up both foods BOTH clearly state the ingredients, BOTH clearly state the analysis

So I am at a loss at your statement.

Also where do you get the idea that they do not always list the ingredients "in order"?

What order?

By LAW the label MUST list ingredients by the same method, ie the largest SINGLE ingredient first in descending order.

So BOTH have rice as the single largest ingredient; BOTH have lamb meal as the second, both have barley as the third, both have linseed as the fourth, etc

So I am very confused....................

JWB
Ingredients and analysis

Ingredients: Rice, lamb meat meal, ground whole barley, whole linseed, lamb fat, lamb gravy, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa, sodium chloride, natural seaweed, calcium carbonate, chicory extract, lysine, D,L-methionine, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.

Contains: Min 26% lamb, min 26% rice, min 14% barley.

Typical analysis: Protein 20%, oil 10%, fibre 4%, ash 8.5%, omega-3 fatty acids 1.1%, omega 6 fatty acids 1.1%.

Wainrights

Ingredient(s):

Brown Rice (min. 30%), Lamb Meat Meal (min. 26%), Barley (min. 25.1%), Whole Linseed (min. 5%), Sugar Beet Pulp (min. 5%), Lamb Liver (min. 3%), Alfalfa (min. 2%), Lamb Fat (min. 1.5%), Potato Protein (min. 0.5%), Monosodium Phosphate (min. 0.5%), Natural Seaweed (min. 0.4%),
Minerals, Vitamins.

Typical Analysis:

Moisture 8%, Protein 23%, Oils and Fats 10%, Fibre 3.5%, Ash 11%, Calcium 1.9%, Phosphorus 1.2%, Vitamin A 12800iu/kg, Vitamin D3 1500iu/kg, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), 496iu/kg, Copper (Cupric Sulphate) 12mg/kg. Contains Tocopherol rich extracts of natural origin Vitamin E and Vitamin C as EC Permitted Antioxidant.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >