Our sister sites
Our sister sites
poisondwarf
New Member!
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:23 PM

Good puppy food for a delicate stomach?

Hi
reading the other threads and more confused than ever!
Can't understand the cp27 codes and stuff, and worried about what to feed our girl.

She's no good on supermarket brands, but need to keep things cheap.

Currently using James Wellbeloved, as she was starving and her poo was awful. She's happy now, but seems bored of her food.

What good ( but preferably cheap) foods have people used? She is on dry for now, happy to change if better and more economical.

thanks
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:35 PM
CSJ do different levels of food. The basic one is Champ (or Little Camp for puppies) and the next one up is the 'Original' (Natural Puppy). The top one is Command Performance (CP) which just have numbers instead of names. CP27 is the puppy variety.

CSJ is well worth considering. They are very helpful and will send you samples if you ask.
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Dutch has quite a sensitive tummy, the slightest thing gives him an upset tummy, we feed him Wainwrights Puppy (wet food), he absolutly loves it.
He used to be on bakers complete and since changing he's calmed down alot and his coat is so soft and shiny. His poo's are always firm and personally we've never had a problem with it.
Its a good price and as long as Dutch is happy im happy

Some others on here might have better advice but im just speaking from personal experience.
DollyDog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2010, 09:20 AM
My dog who's just turned a year now also has a sensitive stomach and i also struggled to find something that she liked and wasn't bored of. she used to be on james welbeloved too but quickly got bored and wouldnt touch it. now i give her Feelwells venison dry food and she loves it, been using it for about a month now and still not bored. its hypo-allergenic and good ingredients - look it up on the web. and her poo is fantastic now too...sorry .... i think its less than a pound more expesive than james welbeloved for the same 2kg bag. a friend of mine also uses it for her dog whos got a really sensitive tum and this works fine for her too. i recomend it.