register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Lona been to have her stitches out, she was a Drama Queen and wouldn't lie on her side so he could do it, ended up stood with her paws on my shoulders whilst he crawled around her underneath with some tweezers, only 3 stitches though, and what a neat job.
Took her a short walk round with Cariad when we got home. Then put the other 3 in the car and onto the field with a carrier bag of squeaky balls. Everything going well till the man with the Vizla came on, girls were being really good and keeping themselves to themselves, Zen could no longer hold herself back and charged over to the Vizla and they were zooming around like they were turbo charged. Mabs joined in, Keshi wanted to, but her idea of play is jumping all over the dog, and it was smaller than mine, so kept her on a line with me. Ended up with Zen limping, of course. Thought that would be the case, will see how she goes in the week.
Had an interesting conversation at training, with Carol, who runs the Club and also has bred GSD's for years. Apparently Panosteitis can be inherited and she is pretty confident Zen has got it from the GSD side of her father.I said but none of the others from either litter has had it, and she said it could have been so mild no one has noticed, and I'm the one thats copped for a case thats been bad enough to show up. I am pretty glad it was me that got it, because obviously it would be a worry for my owners if something like that appeared in their puppy. At least I know the ins and outs now because we had a really detailed chat about everything and she was a mine of information. Ken, her OH was watching Zen's movement as obviously I am concerned it may have affected her hips, but he said she's bang on and nothing to worry about.
Glad to see you are OK Nippy, because was beginning to worry about you.
Lynn must be feeling very down as not seen her about for a while and hope we hear from her soon
Moyra, so pleased he has at least turned up to do your kitchen at a reasonable time and you've not waited all day for him.
Mandy, thinking of your mum, she must be devastated
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Hi June glad the girls are doing ok. Yes I was worried we had had heard from Lynn but then I guess she still has company. Things are not going to well in the kitchen. Apparently the sink unit he has got is too wide for the unit! Oh hells bells more problems. I think if he talks to Steve tonight before he goes then Steve may do al the tiling. As long as things progress that is the main thing.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2016, 02:00 PM
You'd have thought he would have measured up the job before getting the parts
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Yes, oh course June it is a bodge job as usual!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2016, 04:26 PM
well he went early hoping to pick up a smaller sized sink and drainer tomorrow. Steve is still working so me, I am calling it quits and shutting down for the night. Have a good one everyone. Night night.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Sorry you are still having problems with the kitchen fitter Moyra
and really he should do the tiling as well not leave it for you and Steve. Your landlady really is something! As for the sink not fitting its a bodge from beginning to end.

Poor Lona it is frightening having stitches out so lets not make it easy for the vet Hope Zen's limp settles quickly with a little tlc.

Busy busy then Griff? Take care.

Well what a fiasco with the prescriptions. I took them in last Thursday with a request that the new ones would be ready to collect with the others ordered. Go in this morning and the old ones ready but not the new as the doctor had not seen them. WHAT they have Thursday and Friday to do that and not a lot to do either as they were ordered by the hospital and the prescription was already written for them they just had to sign. Told to go back this afternoon and again not there. I said I want them now and would wait. So after a lot of looking around they managed to print of another and get it signed. When handed over it said "duplicate" so where is the original? Took it to the chemist and the one I am getting short of is out of stock and unable to get it until tomorrow as they place the order for afternoon delivery each morning! Been told to go in after 11.00 am tomorrow so just hope I have enough till then. If only the doctors had got it right this morning I would not be sitting here worrying

Sorry about the rant
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Oh Sue, this country is going to the wall. Steve is furious with how little work has been achieved and the fact that we have no kitchen sink fitted and working. I told him to use the bathroom but he does not feel that this far into the job we should be expected to do that! I hope you get your problem sorted.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2016, 06:24 PM
I now leave it to the chemist to sort prescriptions out, although I know if it is a new one it has to be sorted out by myself before it goes on the list for collection. Doctors surgeries seem to be about 10 years behind everyone as regards technology, I know my x rays for my back etc were sent to my doctors via email but it took months before I got any sort of relevant information.
Moyra, I am hoping the finished job is not a bodge up, if it is ring the Building Inspectors and get them on the case, will put the Fear Of God into the landlady. I am sure she is using unqualified tradesmen and that is dangerous in any capacity, but more so in a kitchen where gas, electric and water all sit side by side.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2