Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Frustration with Fourm

Hi all

Recently I have found myself being quite frustrated by the forum, not in a bad way (if you know what I mean),

Over the time I have been on here I have talked to lots of members on a regular basis, It would sound mad to some but I have kinda formed friendships on here,
recently I have found myself being really frustrated when others are having problems, Its like a friend in need but well to far away to help, for example, china with her ongoing problems,
random with maddie's quirk
anne marie with the traffic thing
there are many others to many to mention, these are just the more recent ones,
just wondered if anyone else ever gets a bit frustrated or is it just me and P.M.T ?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Know exactly what you mean Shona. I'm sure we all feel like that when some of our Dogsey friends are in need. Don't think you're alone there at all.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2007, 12:37 PM
I know what you mean too! however my need to help people is a bit closer to home. I get so frustrated and wound up because I can't help them. I'll end up getting an ulcer, yet I have only got a few problems of my own.

Ian
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 12:40 PM
I feel it most when people are ill or who have had a bereavement (pet or human) - it makes you feel so inept just being able to send a PM

It would also be nice if we all lived closer so we could have regular meets. Wouldn't it be fab if we could all train together for ringcraft. obedience, agility etc

By the way, thanks for your advice re: traffic Shona!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 12:43 PM
No. it's not just you, sometimes it's so frustrating only being able to add a comment or hug, but what I really find the most frustrating is when someone has a problem that I have no idea what to say to help, just sending hugs seems so trivial when you know their almost desperate (maybe wrong word, but cant find a better one ) for help or advice.
On the other hand when I've had a problem it's so nice to find the replys, decent, honest replys that are from the heart, from other people who care as much about their dogs as I do myne and realise my concerns/problems however trivial are important to me and not dismissed as stupid nonsence, or 'well it's only the dog' .

I haven't been a member here for that long, but I also think of the folks on here as friends, and find myself worrying if someone or their pups are OK, so it's not just you and P.M.T. it's me as well
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 01:11 PM
We are all friends on here albeit cyber ones.
I often wish I could put my arms around someone here and give a great big hug, like I do my friends at home.
But I know how much cyber {{{{hugs}}}} have meant to me so I have to console myself with these
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Hi all

Recently I have found myself being quite frustrated by the forum, not in a bad way (if you know what I mean),

Over the time I have been on here I have talked to lots of members on a regular basis, It would sound mad to some but I have kinda formed friendships on here,
recently I have found myself being really frustrated when others are having problems, Its like a friend in need but well to far away to help, for example, china with her ongoing problems,
random with maddie's quirk
anne marie with the traffic thing
there are many others to many to mention, these are just the more recent ones,
just wondered if anyone else ever gets a bit frustrated or is it just me and P.M.T ?
I know what you mean shona , you feel powerless ,and can only give support threw forum ,but at least ppl appreciate it ,i know i have felt great comfort and support from everyone on forum since i joined forum and have made great friends xxdk
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

22-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Know exactly what you mean Shona I too have made a lot of friends on here and worry about them and their dogs and their problems. But I can also appreciate cyber hugs and how sincere people on here are. I know when I lost Ludmilla I don''t know what I would have done and how I would have coped without the support and comfort I got from all all the pm's emails and messages the people on here sent It is one great big happy Dogsey family and like you I appreciate it very much. There are a lot of good people as well as bad in the wolrd and I think the majority of the good one's are members of this forum.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 02:22 PM
It can be very frustrating when you're not close enough to do anything practical. However, the emotional support shown by so many members to the ones who are suffering never ceases to amaze me, and just proves to me, once again, that Dogsey is a wonderful place to be.

Long may it be so
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes you do feel inadequate sometimes being out of reach so to speak, but having been on the receiving end of help and support on more than one occasion I can say that it was a huge help at the time and much appreciated.
It's like when someone is bereaved and you see them in the street, you feel that there is nothing you can do or say to make it better so you walk on and pretend you haven't seen them. It is FAR better to say something however inadequate it sounds, rather than ignore the person who is bewildered that no support is forthcoming, and NEEDS it. Practical help is useful if it points someone in the right direction or gives them reassurance, but even a cyber hug is very much valued.
Keep it up, folks!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >