Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 06:33 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 1st September

Good morning everyone, September already where do the months fly by. One minute it was Christmas and next it will be Christmas again.

Griff, that was very kind of you parents to offer for Steve's dog to be investigated. Is it very old.

June, hope you had a better night last night and Zen behaved herself.

Lynn, hope all is well with you and yours and Dillon.

Norma, hope you are ok up there.

Nippy Jen, hope you and Brian are enjoying your company.

Mandy, Brenda, Sue, Barry and Harvey, hope you are all in fine fettle.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 07:02 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope everything is right today for you Moyra and doors are closed!

Lynn hope everyone arrived safe yesterday now enjoy your few days with family and Dillon. Have have the interviews gone for the boys?

Hope all is well this morning June

How's the decorating going Norma?

That was nice of your mum to offer to pay for an investigation on the dog and nice of you to offer to make the final journey if that is what is meant to be.

Lovely morning here just off out with Teazle. Barry said yesterday we might go out today but getting him to make up his mind is another matter

Have a good day and stay safe and hope all four and two legged are well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Morning Moyra, Norma and all to follow.
Up and out with eary with Dillon. One minute overcast before we made it home sun beating down plus we got stopped by a couple with a lab.
Back now Dillon fed and watered me to and enjoying a bit of peace before the mayhem.

Thank you Sue yes they arrived safely.
griff that's a nice offer from your parents you to.
I have been invited along for a trip to Kings Lynn later.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Sadly i have just taken max for his final journey...was incrediably hard but the right thing to do, poor Steve couldn't bear to stay with him so i gave max his final kisses and cuddles and held him while he went to sleep. It was a locum vet who was absolutely lovely and she said that in her opinion all the money in the world wouldn't have fixed him as she thought he had an agressive cancer, she asked me to go and get Steve after he had gone as she was worried about him not saying goodbye but he couldn't do it, my mum has paid the bill for me and he is getting cremated and they will call me when he is ready to go home. It was the same room as i had my Diez PTS in so was doubly hard for me, i have had a lovely message off Steve to say thankyou for being there for him and max and he feels an idiot for crying, just told him i felt hooured he had asked me to go with them both and that he isn't an idiot for crying and i would be very worried if he wasn't upset...i feel so bad for him but it was deffo the right thing to do
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Hi Griff. It never gets any easier whether it is your own or someone elses. Have had to do it for others and mine. Hugs to you, you are a true friend to him.
Morning all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Thanks Brenda, i had only known max a couple of months but loved him like my own...i held it together quite well in front of steve...just a few tears but now i am home the tears are rolling own my cheeks, i believe that every dog in the world deserves to have someone who loves and cares for them hold them as they go and today that was my job...bl**dy hard
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2016, 10:52 AM
So sorry griff and well done for beings such a good friend to Steve and Max.
What lovely parents you have paying the bill.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Ooops sorry brenda morning.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Sue, hopefully you will get Barry to decie what he fancies doing before the day is out Lol
Moyra, Max was 11
Lynn, thanks, i am very lucky with my parents, both are animal lovers and both know if i could pay i would, i have offered to pay my mum back but she won't hear of it...will get her a really nice bunch of flowers to say thanks
Well the sun is shining here, a really lovely day..have lots to do but as i have already been out, all will have to be postponed until tomorrow, i think i may go and have a shower
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Griff, so sorry that Max had to go on to the Rainbow Bridge. 11 is not a bad age for a lot of dogs. I feel for you and Steve and God Bless your mum for picking up the tab for it. May Max R.I.P and run free at the Bridge. I suppose Steve's other dog is going to be lost without Max too. Hugs all round.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >