Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 07:36 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, March 8

Good Morning everyone,

By golly it is a cold one this morning. I had a bit of a rough night, so am really quite tired still. May go back to bed for an hour after walking Amber.

Harvey, Good luck with Casey at the vets, hope he is pleased with his progress.

Chloe, my old Labrador before Amber used to have phantom pregnancies but then she was never spayed, still miss her terribly as you do with dogs you've had and loved.

Hope Rosie is back to her normal self again this morning and Mr Fritz has had his collar of shame off.

Have a good day everyone, any poorlies wish you well soon. stay warm and dry and safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Morning Moyra, hope you are enjoying the time on your own
Hoping Mr Fritz has been allowed to have the cone of shame removed...those things are a nightmare, laney used to smash into my legs...i am sure it was deliberate too Lol
staying in today, got some liquorice (3kg) coming, nightmare trying to find gelatine free in the shops, going to do chemo today and head off for a blood test tomorrow perhaps...saves wasting 2 days
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2016, 09:14 AM
According to the BBC weather forecast it is snowing here, apart from that it is a dry dull morning, minus the aforesaid snow. Feels pretty cold out there, turned the heat lamps onto low for the next couple of hours then I'll turn them off till tonight. Going to get a bit warmer apparently so maybe I'll be able to turn them off completely in a day or so.
Have to ring up about bones in a bit, and carry on putting my dog documents in my nice new cupboard.
Hoping Casey gets a good report from the vet, Harvey.
Griff, is the licquorice for you or the dogs Hope today and the chemo is OK for you and its not too bad.
Moyra, go back to bed with a nice cup of tea once you've walked Amber and get yourself a nap until lunchtime.
Is Nippy OK I wonder, not seen her around for a few days, hoping nothing is wrong down there and she is just touring the local carverys
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 09:27 AM
The liquorice is for me TW, i have been having a few tummy problems of late and want to see if i can sort myself before going off to the Dr
Hope you don't get the Snow TW, i was thinking of Nippy too...i am hoping her BIL is home and her SIL is coping o.k
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Hope the licquorice works for you Griff. I was wondering if things weren't going to well for them as well.
Still no snow, it was trying to rain when I was out with brekkies and tidying up, but a very half hearted effort and no rain as yet
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 10:12 AM
the liquorice will be here between 11.20 ad 12.20...yum yum yum!!!! i will share with my mum and dad though as both like it.
I am just looking at making some body moisturiser for my mum, she has dreadful psoriasis and the new drug she is on isn't working, her skin is so very very sore, i have looked up online and you can make your own using coconut butter, shea butter, cocoa butter and essential oils...i was thinking tea tree for that bit, bookmarked it on my kindle and the battery is flat so need to pop a bit of juice in there and get ordering my supplies
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Griff, I too have been suffering with an upset tummy. Just taken some Imodium. The sun has come out here but it is still very cold. I too was worrying about Jenny and Brian and whether things are ok with them. I went back to bed for an hour but I ache from just laying there so gave in and got up again. Going to put the calor gas fire on to warm myself up a bit, not sure whether it is that cold or the fact that I keep yawning and am so tired.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.

Very cold here and drizzling but it did stay dry for mine and Dillon's walk.
Hope all goes well at the vet Harvey.
Hope Mr. Fritz is now free of the cone of shame.
Hope Rosie is also feeling better.
Moyra gill and I were saying how tired we are we think its the extremely cold weather and wet dark days. Hope you feel better soon.
The body cream sounds nice griff hope it helps mum and enjoy the liquorice and hope the chemo goes well.
Hope everyone else is well.

Feeling old today Joel is 14 its bad enough when its your children when its grandchildren its worse.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Oh congrats Lynn....i am sure he will grow up to be a fine young man.
Moyra, deffo but the calor on, i am going to put my heating on in a minute, have been cold since i got up but was hanging fire to see if the sun put in an appearance...it didn't.
I have took the chemo tablets, my teeth are now hurting, very bizarre that i get sensitive teeth on the day i take it and i only feel a teeny bit sick at the moment so that is o.k
My tummy has been very very odd, i had awful pains the other week...for 2 days solid, then had an upset tummy but during that time i was going for 12 hours without having a wee...despite the fact i drink lots of fluids, the upset tum went but the pain remained, then i took some medicine the dr gave me before and then i ended up constipated, today i haven't took the medicine the Dr gave me and at the moment no tummy pain...hope it lasts, it is difficult to remember to take the tablet 20 minutes before eating, especially when my mum is doing dinner
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Still can't contact my landlord but phoned the gas guy who came. Boiler needs parts which hopefully will come tomorrow but might be Thursday. I'm staying smelly today cos the thought of coming out the shower cabinet into an 11 degree bathroom is too horrendous to bear

Going out for my mothers day lunch with my son today don't care if I stink hahaha

Hope all poorlies feel better soon.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >