Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 09:00 PM

Molly and Roxy update

Hello,

Just thought I'd let you all know how my two reprobates are doing after being in the wars this past year! Most of you are aware of their 'adventures'.

I'm delighted to say that all is well with them both, more or less.

Molly is fully recovered from both cruciate surgeries and looks absolutely amazing for her 10 and a half years. You'd never know she had two titanium plates and loads of screws in her rear legs.

Roxy is no officially a year cancer free! That's two years in total she has been fighting it and is winning. I am over the moon.

We were at the Glasgow Vet School on Tuesday for Roxy's yearly check up for her cancer and also her kidneys (which get tested every 4 - 6 months or sooner if I feel the need). The scan showed that her kidneys were small and abnormal with the right being worse than the left. However, the urea and creatinine levels were almost indentical to 6 months ago when she was last tested. The creatinine is only slightly higher but not by much and her consulant says there is still no need to medicate at this stage - the diet change and supplementation I've implemented over the past 6 months seems to be helping and I've to carry on as I am with her. The vet was so surprised the results were worse than they were. She's a medical marvel.

Apart from her incontinence, which is completely controlled with Incurin, and her CKD, she is doing amazingly well for 13 years old. She has her off days now, but they aren't too often yet and we can deal with them as and when they happen. She is still enjoying life and that makes me happy.

So, all is well (for now!) in the life of Molly and Roxy.

I must get round to posting some recent pictures of them both.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 09:11 PM
How spooky is that I was thinking about your two yesterday and wondering how they were.

What fabulous news I am so pleased for you because it really was a rough ride for a while wasn't it.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
How spooky is that I was thinking about your two yesterday and wondering how they were.

What fabulous news I am so pleased for you because it really was a rough ride for a while wasn't it.
Aw, thank you for thinking of them.

I got Roxy's test results yesterday and thought that I really must post an update as to how they're getting on.

Yes, certainly was rough, but you just have to deal with it and get through it, don't you? No choice in the matter.

I'm wondering if maybe Roxy was born with abnormal kidneys or something....given that the look worse than they actually are. Who knows!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 09:16 PM
It's a possibility isn't it. There is no way of knowing now though I suppose.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Nicola I am pleased to hear Molly and Roxy are doing well and I hope you are enjoying your job
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Its so good to hear how well Molly and Roxy are doing after so many setbacks. Hope they keep well and happy for a long time and well done you for all your love and care for them in recent times.
Hugs to the three of you from the other Roxy and me xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Well Done Molly and Roxy Brilliant