Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 08:26 AM

Tragedy

Hi

I was dismayed to hear that the 2 dogs in the baby death were put down they didn't have a voice or a jury,

In my own family,my step-daughter had a prem baby,it as been in and out of hospital,this is her second,the first now 2 years old had no affect on the family dog,but the new one,the terrier cross responds very oddly to this baby when it crys which he didnt before,its not a loud cry,its more like a mew,and Branny gets on his hind legs jumps very high,then he chases his tail,and he becomes really distressed.So she took the decision never to leave the dog on its own,not just because Branny is reacting but her 2 year old is now very rough with the dog and cat.

Surely if you have something very precious you would take steps to protect it,not to leave it without supervision,as usual the dogs pay the price,are the parents going to be charged for neglect,in cases where the dog has attacked,the owner has also been held as responsible for not keeping the dog under control.

To me it feels that everytime something happens its always some one else's fault,now two dumb animals have paid the price for there owners stupidity. Yes its very sad that the baby also suffered but at the end of the day,the fault lies with 2 Adults who should have known better.Gemini54
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2014, 10:09 AM
The baby did not "suffer". The baby was killed.

And I think that to just call it "very sad that the baby also suffered" appears that to you a dead baby is of less value of two dogs, one or both of whom possibly killed that baby.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Gemini

Yes its very sad that the baby also suffered

What????

Honestly I can hardly believe you thought that, let alone typed it!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2014, 08:45 PM
The baby suffered

The baby is DEAD.....the parents ARE suffering.

And it was inevitable the dog/s would be PTS , what else would you expect ....
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 08:51 PM
REALLY?!

i literally odnt have any words.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Hi Maybe if the parents had given some thought,and were heard to say we knew the new dog was jealous,what did they do about if anything,I think certain people need to learn about dogs and the pack situation,there were two very obvious reasons this happened One there was an exisiting family dog,the husband went to the pub and brought back an Alaskan Malamute,the baby arrived the following week,how would a new dog know how to react in this setup.I still mantain that the dogs should have been monitored,this tragedy could have been avoided if people had used common sense.Gemini54
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 08:34 PM
The truth of this tragic situation is that none of us were there so we are not in a position to judge.

A poor baby lost it's life. The parents are no doubt suffering badly and are very likely carrying enough guilt without more being loaded on.

Not everyone is dog-savvy and not everyone has common sense where dogs are concerned. None of us are born with dog knowledge - we learn as we go along. These poor parents have paid a high price for knowledge.

Should the dogs have been put down?? Who would take them on? How would anyone be able to trust a dog that had taken a life?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The truth of this tragic situation is that none of us were there so we are not in a position to judge.

A poor baby lost it's life. The parents are no doubt suffering badly and are very likely carrying enough guilt without more being loaded on.

Not everyone is dog-savvy and not everyone has common sense where dogs are concerned. None of us are born with dog knowledge - we learn as we go along. These poor parents have paid a high price for knowledge.

Should the dogs have been put down?? Who would take them on? How would anyone be able to trust a dog that had taken a life?
Well said Chris. One of these dogs was there because it was brought home by the 'dad' because he was such a softie for dogs. As you say - not EVERYONE is 'dog savvy'.

Hell - if they were we would never be reading any stories like this.

I can only think Gemini doesn't realise just how callous and heartless her comments might look to others reading them.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi

I was dismayed to hear that the 2 dogs in the baby death were put down they didn't have a voice or a jury,

In my own family,my step-daughter had a prem baby,it as been in and out of hospital,this is her second,the first now 2 years old had no affect on the family dog,but the new one,the terrier cross responds very oddly to this baby when it crys which he didnt before,its not a loud cry,its more like a mew,and Branny gets on his hind legs jumps very high,then he chases his tail,and he becomes really distressed.So she took the decision never to leave the dog on its own,not just because Branny is reacting but her 2 year old is now very rough with the dog and cat.

Surely if you have something very precious you would take steps to protect it,not to leave it without supervision,as usual the dogs pay the price,are the parents going to be charged for neglect,in cases where the dog has attacked,the owner has also been held as responsible for not keeping the dog under control.

To me it feels that everytime something happens its always some one else's fault,now two dumb animals have paid the price for there owners stupidity. Yes its very sad that the baby also suffered but at the end of the day,the fault lies with 2 Adults who should have known better.Gemini54
Well posted. So many on here (a dog lovers forum apparently) seem to blame the dogs for everything and you for even posting. Sometime - just one time someone will stand up for the dogs like you have and say actually maybe it was some human ADULTS at fault and not the dogs.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

07-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Well said Chris. One of these dogs was there because it was brought home by the 'dad' because he was such a softie for dogs. As you say - not EVERYONE is 'dog savvy'.

Hell - if they were we would never be reading any stories like this.

I can only think Gemini doesn't realise just how callous and heartless her comments might look to others reading them.
Them dogs should really know who they go home with!

Maybe Gemini realises that maybe its not the dogs at fault.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »