View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2013, 05:07 AM
I can say I have never had a dog whose kidneys failed. I have had, fostered, and shared many dogs in my years. So my opinions are pure garbage. I CAN say that I disagree with certain brands of dog food being universally garbage. What works for some dogs may not work for others.

I have an old female with ongoing weight problems and a bad hip that sometimes acts up... making weight problems worse for her. She was eating local mart garbage and it was causing the problems. My mother was feeding her at the time.

I cannot afford very expensive food, and she won't touch raw... so I tried several brands and finally ended up with Purina ONE Senior formula. It's crappy-ish... but it works for her. Helped with her excessive shedding, helped her be a bit less lazy and want to walk more, and helped her shed a bit of weight.

My puppy eats all kinds of foods. BTW, he's 10 months... so not a very young puppy. He eats kibble, raw, and canned food randomly. He also gets treats of all kinds, in moderation, of course. When I find something he likes on sale... I buy it!

He eats raw sometimes, cooked meals sometimes, canned sometimes and is free fed kibble all the time. Thankfully, he doesn't have a sensitive tummy... and he never gets diarrhea despite all the food changes.

If you dog can tolerate this... you can very her meals and see how it work in together.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Myra, if you have never had a dog whose kidneys are in some kind of failure, do you really think that you are the best person to give advice on the subject?

I am not being nasty to you, I am just being honest, so please do not think I am having a go at you.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Decided to go with wet food with a bit of Burns mixer, a phosphate binder and filtered water.

So far, so good. She's happy, looks better and has put on weight. We'll see how that goes for a while.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Myra, if you have never had a dog whose kidneys are in some kind of failure, do you really think that you are the best person to give advice on the subject?

I am not being nasty to you, I am just being honest, so please do not think I am having a go at you.
I think you were trying to be nasty to me and "have a go" at me, actually. I think that's EXACTLY what you were trying to do... and did!

"Myra, if you have never had a dog whose kidneys are in some kind of failure, do you really think that you are the best person to give advice on the subject?"

Also, since when did such an opinion constitute "honesty". The word honest fits NOWHERE in your statement. You just wanted to say something to me.

Because my statement says this right after me saying I've never had a dog with kidney problems...

"So my opinions are pure garbage."

I know you can read, you are merely a selective reader.

I also gave her no "real" advice because I have none. I just told her to try different things instead of picking one thing to try.

Nothing wrong with that advice since she's the one that will be doing the research and the purchasing and whatnot.

Also, you tell me where I said I had good advice, or that I was the best person to give advice... or that my advice was even worth taking... or hell, show me where I said I HAD advice.

You WERE being nasty. Through and through. I won't ask you for an apology, because I'm an adult and I can take people being nasty to me and it happens to me all the time on this site and because I know you'll not give me one anyway.

I know this comment is old, but I felt the need to respond to it anyway. You'd do well to remember, especially since I saw you demanding other users to apologize for nasty comments... to avoid hypocrisy, for it is not becoming.

I actually thought you weren't one of the people here who just liked to pick at me sometimes, but now I see I was wrong. Do not fret, I will avoid all your threads and you whenever possible... so I will not tempt you to say something to me.

If you'd be so kind... do not use my real name when you speak to me anymore. If you do, I will not respond. Please use my screen name or a portion of it. Good day to you, Malka.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3