Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2015, 09:58 PM

Washable puppy pads

Not really a training thing, more of a anyone know anywhere to buy decent ones that will stand up to a bit of scratching and lots of washes? Any good brands? Any bad brands to watch out for?
Or anyone know how to make good ones? I'm sort of thinking a towel or two with like a tent groundsheet base? Or maybe even a shower curtain base?
vsexton
New Member!
Female 

29-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Hi,
Buy them in bulk, if you can get anyone to go in with you, through a medical supply. They use them for humans in hospitals so they do not soil the sheets. They are amazing and Last Forever. I bleach them daily.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Didn't think to look for the ones for people, that's a great idea. Managed to find one on amazon for £10, not sure how well it will stand up to the washing machine and claws but might be worth a try.
Thanks

Still interested in DIY ones, think I'd prefer something with a different texture so they don't associate blankets or beds with going to the toilet.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2015, 09:57 AM
You could use good old newsparer if you feel you need to use something
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2015, 10:55 AM
and WHY pray tell Ms SJ would you be needing training pads........
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Newspaper would be shredded in seconds... Sorry should have explained, it's actually as a replacement for the litter tray for my 3 ferrets. I hate the litter, gets everywhere, throwing it out, storing it, so started using puppy pads which don't get everywhere (unless they dig at them), but still throwing them out can't be good for the environment.

Figured a dog forum would know more about puppy pads than the ferret forum does. Most of them use litter and the ones that don't just get the cheap puppy pads, doesn't matter about the attraction thingy.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Ah futrets that's a whole different ball game

When I had rats I used Biocatalet litter in the trays and vetbed for the floors. Could you not use vetbed in litter trays and wash it at a high temperature?

I love ferrets
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2015, 11:24 AM
They have vetbed as bedding. I could swap it to their litter box and try teach them to use it, and stop using it as a blanket, that's a good idea.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Aha! i was starting ot wonder whethe ryou had relentd on the relative canine
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2015, 12:53 PM
No, while I do still feel really guilty at saying no and do hope that she ends up in a great home we are not ready for another dog, and we have other issues as well that would prevent us from being the perfect home for her.
Plus she is 100% toilet trained, she's never had an accident while we have looked after her in the past. All she needs is neutering and she would be an ideal dog for a typical active dog friendly family.