Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 06:26 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Monday

Good morning all dogsey peeps

Glorious, sunny day here today, might check on the beach or I might just go up along the top for my walk.

Dave went off very early, long before 6 am, so we were disturbed from around 4.30 so a nanny nap is in order for today (not that it isn't every day lol).

Had a wonderful week-end, hope you all have too, and Dave is coming home tomorrow morning as the hospital rang to offer him an appointment for his hearing at 10.30 tomorrow, so he'll come home afterwards and then head off again back to work. All these miles he's doing at the moment what with my hospital trips, but I don't have any now for another 3 weeks.

Haven't really been keeping up much on here, but hoping all is well with everyone and I'll pop back in later after I've finished my morning agenda.

Enjoy your day all
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Morning all
Morning Helena I'm pleased that you had such a nice weekend. We did too. The weather is good here again today, I'm just going to sit in the garden
Shame you missed all the gossip...you won't know that I am pregnant then hahahahaha
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Morning Helena and Nippy Jen.
Glad you had a nice weekend Helena.

Gorden left at 8.30 after we had to hunt for ages for his oyster card. He thought he brought it down with his trainers which were in the kitchen ready for packing. We hunted hi and low still no sign, then as a last resort he checked his shoes he was wearing and guess what his oyster card was in his shoe and he had been walking around with it in there all the time.
It was worse today saying goodbye it is his birthday and our 37th wedding anniversary Wedensday. He did try to get some time off but there is an important meeting going on and unless you are dead you have to attend.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2014, 09:12 AM
A bit cooler here this morning and the sun is in and out, its in at the moment, girls don't need their umbrella up yet.
Keshi was a little moo at training yesterday. She is doing out of sight stays without a problem, however heelwork without a lead is not on her agenda and she does several laps of the field instead. Not sure how to solve this one, because when I do my practice she is spot on and never puts a paw out of place. Good job it is the last class of the day, she can't interfere with any other classes or other dogs because most people have had a cup of tea, a chat and gone by 3.30 at the latest. Got her going through a hoop yesterday, a different one to the one at home and she is fine with that, so will start her on a folded up agility tunnel next week and graduate her to a small tunnel and then to a proper one.
Nigel still not appeared, was hoping he may turn up but not as yet.
I have decided to plant all my pots, I've got them all in the back, so will do that this afternoon after I've swept up where the old decking was and cleaned up there.
Happy Birthday to Gordon and Happy Anniversary to both of you Lynn.
Helena, you'll be back in bed by noon if you've been awake since sparrow f@rt won't you. Glad you have had a nice weekend and a lovely day out for your anniversary.
Hope the hearing thing goes OK for Dave, what happened with the neck scan thingy he went to, did they find anything
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2014, 09:44 AM

Helena - I am glad that you had a wonderful weekend - but I do not envy Dave's marathon drive tomorrow!

Nippy - I must check up on the gossip I appear to have missed...

Lynn - the Oyster card saga reminds me of the time many years ago when I was given a £50 note for I do not remember what. Put it somewhere safe and then could not find it. And sure enough the somewhere safe was in one of my shoes!

It is a pity Gorden cannot be home for his birthday and your anniversary but I guess important meetings must take preference.

June - Keshi has a mind of her own, that is for sure! Do you think she is training to be another Booga?!

And did you really expect Nigel to turn up? He will - eventually!

- Da Booga only wanted out once - think it was about 4-ish - well light out enough for me to switch the outside lights off. Then it was back to bed until 7am and then back to bed again until - ahem - nearly 11am but my excuse is that it was 1.55am before lights out!

She must have heard Mei Eden delivering the water - I had put the empties out before going to bed and they leave full ones according to the number of empties. As I stopped getting the very large containers some time last year and asked for the smaller ones, I can easily turn them on their side, roll them indoors and through to where I keep the rack for them. I obviously still cannot lift them to put on the machine but it is far easier to find someone who can without having to wait for a strong man to go past and nab him, or telephone Avner to please come over and do it.

But it is far easier for me if I am not woken by the delivery guys to let them bring the containers in, as they ignore the instructions on the delivery sheet to never deliver before 8.30am the earliest, plus I had the performance of "I am scared of the dog, get it back" and having to try and hold her out of the way while they come in and go out.

Also easier and quicker for them, and they can come as early as they want. As the local depot is in Kiryat Gat and they start very early [so they can finish early], I am first on the list for their route.

Flippin' 'eck but it is hot. I have not only got the air-con on but also the fan I got Nir to fix onto the wall above my monitor, which blows the cool air from the air-con onto me! I zoozed over my head with my clippers on #2 setting yesterday so having the fan blowing on it is luvverly! Mind you, I have to keep a head covering to hand if someone appears coming down the path as I look almost bald!

Have a good day everyone and I hope the sun shines on you all!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Morning

We had a lovely day for Steve's birthday on Friday. Very simple; we played squash and went for a swim together, then got the kids and went to a pub garden for food. Then we watched a film but I fell asleep (just for a change ).

Congratulations on your pregnancy Nippy.

Everything's changing. Carys is moving up to Cubs (yay, she has decided she DOES want to do Cubs), up to year 4 from September and up to a more advanced swimming session. The only thing is it will be at around 8 am on a Saturday - eeeek! Michael of course is starting school in September and I think we are changing his swimming lessons to around the same time at the same place as Carys.

We've cut Loki's bromide by one pill, wondering if that'll help his back end/legs. Fingers crossed it doesn't result in more/worse fits, but we have to try it. The numpty was chewing up his front paws this morning! He gave me some verbal and clamped his teeth onto his paw when I tried to stop him so he is on the 'dog house'. I've cleaned them with TCP so he's sulking in the kitchen now, looking like he is plotting revenge.

It's a beautiful sunny day today so sun block is in order.

Have a good one!
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Morning All!
Gorgeous day here. Bit more gardening then off to the beach - have just checked tide times.
Think I too have missed gossip so off for a look. Have a good day everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone, think I have knocked myself out. I have two loads of washing out on the line the bed sheets being one machine load> I am currently washing my duvet, I thought it was time I did. Usually do it once a year and besides I have a spare but left the spare off the bed because it gets too hot at night. I have hoovered throughout the flat and used my carpet shampooer where it looked as though it needed it. Everywhere looks better for the spring clean.

Take care everyone must go and get the duvet out onto the line to dry before the weather changes.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Afternoon,I slept till 11am
Happy Birthday Gorden laughing about the card in the shoe,silly noggin
Envy you lot with the gorgeous weather,humid here but no sun very windy too
Oldest is heading to Aberdeen tomorrow,work thing,just for one night.Course I'm packing her bag while she's off having her nails done
MOYRA,you sound a bit more upbeat,good for you
Nothing planned for today so far,saving my Money for the Next Sale at the weekend
Have a great day all Take it easy NIP JEN,lady in your condition needs to be careful
See ya later
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Congratulations Lynn on your wedding Anniversary and also best wishes to Gorden for his Birthday.
Nippy Jen, congratulations are also due there as well.

Helena, so glad your anniversary weekend went well for you both.

Malka, hope you and Pereg had a quiet night and no further monsters appearing.

I think I am almost done for the day, everything achieved.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >