Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 09:04 PM

Really pleased with my boy in agility.

My golden did agility about 3/4 years ago but got a terrible fright when he ran up the see saw thinking it was the dog walk, after that he didnt even want to enter the hall without trembling , he's a sensitive lad !

Recently a friend suggested that she would be interested in going back to agility and I thought it would be a great idea to do a new activity with the golden again, we started in the most basic class again and the instructor knew about what happened and has been great.

Today was our 5th week and he's been a little star, he did the dog walk ok when he was re-introduced to that last week, after the 4th attempt though he froze and I was the one who got in trouble as I was told 'He's getting worried because you are!' Whoops ! I forgot just how sensitive he is and how much he reads of my body language.

This week, he was fab, we were first and the first sequence included the dogwalk and he galloped across it without a care in the world. He was also introduced to the tyre and the table today and cottoned on pretty quick, I'd forgotten just how much fun it is to get out in the sunshine and do agility with either of the dogs.

Will post some pics next lesson if anyone is interested

Just had to share how proud I was of my boy
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 11:25 PM
AWE! Congrats! I'm glad he is loving it again. How old is he now? (reason I'm asking is I am considering putting my seven year old back into agility after a two year break)
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Yey well done both of you!

I'm interested in pics, so post some!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Willow I'm thrilled for you it's going so well - I was going to ask you for an update

I'm sure we would love piccies...!

Wys
x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Piccies would be brill!!!
Glad he's doing so well!
Out of interest how does your flattie do at it? I ask because when we get one of our very own this is something i'd love to do with him...
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 05:00 PM
My flatcoat was fine with it, but he's a total loon anyway and takes anything in his stride. Flatcoats have excelled at agility but really as quick as BC's

The flatcoat's sister and neice have both gone to agility homes and they both have got their Agility Warrants so Flatties can do it !

Flatties doing Agility
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Nice Flattie piccies there, Willow
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks Willow, i thought it would be something that they would enjoy...leaping around like loons is a real flattie thing!!!! The picture are brilliant....I am so in love with this breed! Thanks Willow.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks Willow, i thought it would be something that they would enjoy...leaping around like loons is a real flattie thing!!!! The picture are brilliant....I am so in love with this breed! Thanks Willow.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I used to take a flatcoat to agility years ago (an old boyfriends dog) and he loved it. He was very fast.

Glad it is all going so well, i think it is so true, we get nervous then the dog feeds off of us. if you are aware you can try to be really calm it just takes practice. Sounds brilliant fun to me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >