Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2023, 07:08 AM

Flat coat Friday 22nd December 2023

Morning all yep on the 22nd day of Christmas I have been sent a flat coat retriever. At long last a gun dog that can keep all the animals in check. Instead of a gun he uses carrots. Sadly everyone is getting ready to leave soon to help Santa on his way but we have a couple of days to go so don't worry all will be ok. Hope you had a good day yesterday. I have succombed and said I will feed and water the dog called Church who lives just round the corner. I was hoping to get out of it but they have said they can't find anyone else to do it. My thoughts are no one wants to because he can be a handful when taken out. Have a good day today everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2023, 10:07 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who pop on

Off today thought for some reason I was in work confusing as always working differents days in the Christmas run up surprising how often I have to think "what day is it" LOL

Popping out shortly then nothing much planned bar running the vacum and maybe a flick of the duster with polish.

Have already resorted the little bedroom back to order ie folded the ironing borad down once I had removed the items I placed on there for "just a minute" to there rightful places. Going to Sue'S later ( Burt's person) with her presents and to see the new sofa which is a leather recliner that she says everytime she reclines Burt growls LOL

Brenda I have aways found M&C to be really nice but they have done the good thing and refunded. Have Church's people gone away? I adore flat coated retrievers.

Chris Yes I recall you saying the cafe people had goe to Spain sorry must of slipped my mind. How good of Ted to be ignoring the tree and the presents he is growing up fast all becoming "old hat"

Sue You are hopefully reunited with your car by now. Bet its nice for the girls having their whole family togther I susect not long now till they are all here forever.

Griff Have a cracking day are you going to Steve over the Christmas or staying with your Mom?

Lynn Hopefully another good walk day today and a Brewster who is settling more and more how long till he can run free? I suspect you are really busy getting ready for your houseful on Christmas day

Right better make a move.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2023, 10:24 AM
No they haven't gone away as such, just off on a jolly for the day. He is a cross collie. Think he has a bit of Bernese and Sheltie in him. Anyway I will sort him out twice over the day as they have gone now and won't be back till late evening.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2023, 10:24 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
wet underfoot and on and off drizzle, still very windy not sure whether to take the beast out or not.
He is happy in the garden at the moment getting wet and barking at all and sundry.
Gorden is with Freya today Monday swapped for today and he will Sunday too.
I think he is glad to have a reprieve from Brewster who will not stop grabbing his jumper and just being mean, he gets upset when he leaves though and when he settles down will lay on Gorden's feet.
Gorden is trying very hard not to react to the bad behaviour but nothing seems to sink in yet, personally I think he needs a few good off lead runs.
He is much better behaved with me, seems a thing though friends also say they have similar issues with their husbands.

I have given him the opportunity to have a sniff of lavender oil and have some in the oil burner alongside his calmex he hopefully will be calm when Gorden arrives home later.
I have also ordered some oils recommended by the Zoopharmacognosy sites.
Also although I am loathe to move him off the raw I have ordered some wet food lower protein to see if that helps, will take a while though as I have to transition him.
In the new year hopefully we can start allowing him that freedom.
Finished wrapping presents and washing needs to be hung on the airer and I need to do some wiping down of doors etc., dust and have a general tidy.

brenda have fun (maybe) with Churchill.
Sue I hope you are enjoying your lack of school runs.
Chris I hope you enjoyed breakfast.
Kazz have a nice day.
griff that was a nice thing to do for your friend.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2023, 10:51 AM
Good morning

Good to have a nice flat coat to keep the beasts in order
Hope walking Church goes well.

Enjoy your day off Kazz.

Hope Brewster is a good boy today for your Lynn. As usual you are busy.

Got my car back last night so this morning have cleaned it inside and out. The inside was like a tip, sweet papers and empty bottles just left just like they do in Ben's car. Last night he was laying down the law about getting into the car with muddy feet after riding pity he didn't think of that with mine
Anyway now all clean and back to how I like it. I also found one of their scooters in the back they haven't even missed it!

Housework tomorrow. Have walked Teazle and now having a coffee before getting lunch. Eldest Paul will be here sometime today so his food will be in the microwave as usual, never know what time to expect his so wait for the message to say what time he will arrive and which station to meet him at. My boys are so organised - not.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2023, 12:19 PM
Afternoon all
Ooooooo no Sue, that is bang out of order! My mates minibus is like that, literally a skip on wheels. Ben could always put washing up bowls in the footwell and they can stick their mucky boots in there....saves getting the carpet mucky if it is raining and they can't change footwear.
Lynn, my dogs play up terribly with my dad, we had trouble with Kota biting when she was a pup, literally nothing worked with her. We had to feed a lower protein food and I was told to get a ball pool and some balls and throw her biscuits in there to feed her....she did brilliantly with that
Kazz, I am terrible for putting stuff down and getting distracted then I have to spend ages putting everything back where it should be
Brenda, I am sure you will have a lovely time with Church
Got a lovely message from my friend last night saying thank you for waiting for her and in the cold and wind too.....(she wanted to do it alone which is why I stayed outside, she said she needs to stop relying on people) she said she can't thank my mum and myself for the help and we are true friends.... thought that it was lovely considering everything she has going on .
Got to venture out to get a loaf of bread and to drop some baby Christmas outfits off to the charity shop, mum forgot to give them to the baby charity
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2023, 01:14 PM
Sue that is a bit out of order leaving your car in that state considering all the other stuff you do.
Glad you have it back though and it is now in ship shape order as you like it.
griff don't get blown away.

It's weird I keep finding this whoever I talk to is that the men just don't seem to have the authority we do.
I don't think Gorden realised how hard it is to train a puppy I have trained all mine he would go to work come home and play with them and of course by then they were tired due to training and exercise something we still cannot do a lot of due to Brewsters issues.
On weekends we would both take them out and they were tired when we got home.
I am baffled as to why myself and my friends seem to have the same issue and you did with your dad.

Brewster has allowed me to get on with things only issue was the barking there was the noisy husky mix over the park singing and howling so Brewster reacts, and just when I thought it ws quiet he started again and hadn't gone home and then there was another dog too.

I had to keep bringing him due to the shoulder that will be detrimental to the healing as he runs indoors at full pelt and his bark is so loud and it echoes between the houses and he will be the one getting into trouble.
We haven't chanced a walk today It is still too windy he doesn't mind the garden but is unhappy about it when out on his walks.
Waiting for a delivery then we will sit and have a much needed groom he is getting naughty with that too.
Then the hoovering and I have broken the back of most things I needed to do.
Tomorrow is sorting the beds.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2023, 02:01 PM
I have tried to keep quiet but I have said to so many people that wet food is not the answer if you have an overactive dog with behaviour issues. Yes it says low protein on the packaging but once you take out the moisture you are left with so much high protein. Don't change from raw food. It is the best. Or change to dry food with a low protein mentioned in the analysis on the packaging. Burns dry food is better than anything. Don't add anything to dry food apart from warm water and maybe a scraping of cheese. Right I have had my say. Church was a dream to take out just now. I will take him again later this afternoon and then his owners will be back. He is so much better when I take him on his own. Yep I have the magic touch. When his owner takes him, before they even go out the door, he barks and barks. Today he did one bark and I said NO and he stopped straight awy. It is nice to know I haven't lost it. Apologies if I have upset anyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2023, 02:54 PM
I will never feed kibble brenda due to bloating issues. Cold pressed is the best if feeding dry.

The turkey raw Brewster has 24% protein and high moisture level.
The beef is 14%.
Apparently the higher the moisture content the lower the protein.

I have 6 cans I will try them I have brought them now it is a brand Dillon was on and did well, I am not expecting it to work but anything at the moment is worth a try.
The proteins on this brand are not above 10% and very high moisture levels.

I agree raw is best. Our first large breed was on Butchers never experienced the issues we have with Brewster after feeding just normal puppy exuberance.
Ollie was weaned on raw and mostly stayed on raw again and never had these issues.
Dillon was on raw when we brought him home till he was around 3 then he went off it and was fed wet food and again never had the issues we are experiencing.

I know there are a lot of other factors here but sometimes this is way over the top behaviour. We have everything crossed. off lead exercise soon will help with the hyper nature.
He has so far been really good today except for a lot of barking in the garden.

Glad you had a nice time with Churchill.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2023, 05:19 PM
Had a nice day

Lynn - anything is worth a try, you can only see how it goes. Hope he behaves at Christmas with everyone there.

Sue Thats a bit naughty of your lad, a bit of a tidy up would not of hurt at all, let alone a run through a car wash. Glad your day is going well, and your car is now back to how it is.

Brenda Hope you re enjoying your trips out with Church

Griff A friend told me that a tree or tree branch came down in London Road cemetery, she was told this morning and went up today seems it was close to her parents grave but not affected but she said quiet a few have been. She spoke to the Vicar and he said it looked healthy and could just of been a gust of wind at the wrong angle that caught it. Hpe you got to the shops okay and are now fulled breaded for Christmas LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >