Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2023, 06:59 AM

Thorny Devil Thursday 21st December 2023

Morning all on the 21st day of Christmas and I have been sent a Thorny Devil. Cute looking creature. His name is Barry or maybe Gordon? Who knows? Could be Steve or Dave? Anyway hope you all have a good day today. Only 4 sleeps now till Christmas kids so you better behave and that goes for dawgies to and even maybe kitties? I am seriously losing it but maybe by Sunday I will become normal again?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Wow brenda that is a lovely looking Lizard. I hadn't heard of the Thorny devil till I read your post.
You will be ant free.

Very windy here with some rain thrown in.
We decided not to walk Brewster as he hates the wind and he doesn't seem keen on the walks without the wind.
We will have games, his kong wobble etc., and we bought a flirt pole and he likes trying to catch that not at speed and we are teaching the end of game with it, so a bit of impulse control thrown in.
I am off to see Bev and Boo in a bit to deliver their pressies they head off tomorrow in their new motor home (upgrade from a caravan) for Christmas.
I hope the wind is only today, so they can get away and their son and family can join them Christmas eve for a few days they will be towing a caravan.
Michael flies in on Sunday so we don't want that cancelled or diverted.

brenda sorry the food wasn't as nice as you hoped for at east the company was good and you and Margaret had a nice catch up.
Sue hoping Bens car arrived as it should and you have managed to sort the logistics of getting yours back.
At last a reprieve from the early school run. Enjoy.
Chris be careful you don't get blown away on your way out for breakfast, or maybe you have decided to have breakfast at home.
griff I hope you have as good a day as possible.
Kazz as always enjoy your day whatever you will be doing.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2023, 10:15 AM
Good morning Bendaand Lynn

Have never heard or seen a thorny devil, hope he behaves

~A break from his walk might do Brewster good. Enjoyyour trip to Bevs..

Out early for the final shop.What I do not have now we can do without. Car coming back tonight. Barry could help but to be honest I am better without him. He doesn't know the way to Ben's as only been a couple o times and for him to follow me home would do my patience in. Well must get Teazle out for a walk

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2023, 03:26 PM
Good afternoon all

Wow what a wind. We decided to brave it as it's forecast rain for the next couple of day and still windy so off we went. Really, really blowing on way to prom and when we came off to go to the cafe. Not so bad going back as it was at our backs apart from on our road. However, on the prom itself, it was lovely and calm - go figure. Ted was OK as he burrowed into me up on the scooter until we reached the prom

Sue, you need to get Barry a SatNav for Christmas.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2023, 04:07 PM
Afternoon all

Been to work and boy has it been windy we have had to close the garden centre and building yard. Hearing about lots of disruption to rail and flights hope you are all safe and sound. Supposed to be easing this evening. ALl my lot are falling foul of this lurygy thing going around 5 out of 12 now really poorly 2 off work well sent home. Luckily they are the two that break up today until new year. Rick has never had a day off work since starting work at 18 he is 30 now. He sounds terrible and living on sleep and paracetamols hot dirnks.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Brenda Sorry to hear the meal was not up to expectations maybe somewhere else next year? Glad the animals are behaving, I must say I will be sorry when you return to "normal".

Chris So with the wind at your backs you flew home then Chris, cannot say I blame Ted, think I would do the same thing. Bet yu are pleased your lad and grandson came las week.

Sue I am with you do it yourself. My last bits will be either tomorrow or Sat after work. Bet you will be glad to see your car again

Lynn Hope you got your visit in to Bev and enjoyed it as well as putting the world to rights. Flirt sticks etc are great excercise helps for dogs glad he likes it will swimming be allowed at any time in the near future? or hydro theraphy is it called where they walk through the water?

Griff Hope all is good with you.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Evening all
Brenda, I don't rate miller and carter at all, we went once, it was dirty and poor service....we never went back
Lynn, if Brewster isn't happy, no point doing it as he will begin to resent the walks
Sue, you are very independent lol
Kazz, so sorry the family are poorly, hopefully over it by Christmas
Chris, pleased Ted was nice and cosy
I spent 4 1/2 hours sat outside the magistrates court in the cold and wind, I was waiting for my friend ( showing support) I bought her some flowers too and unfortunately her case was delayed...significantly. she thought I was mad waiting for her but was appreciative and I am glad I did wait as he was going to come over until he saw me, I did put my phone on voice record though...just incase
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2023, 09:44 PM
The miller and carter here is lovely. This was the first time the food wasn't up to par. Every time I've been it has always been very good. Anyway they have refunded.