Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
and why not, he'll love it!! The reason you can't feed too much is because of the bloat issue with it I think?! I know myself when I've eaten too much of it and I get all bloated out!!!
ah lol! oh no yes i do get a little bloated with potatoes to!!
we just thought as we are having a real chicken and veg and things we could give him a mini meal version!! lol! might get him a pressie to a little teddy he can chew to bits!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Lol, yes just go easy on the potatoes! Bless him, my Georgie will have a big Christmas dinner too, but I bought him a nice big lamb shank, (that'll keep him busy!) so he can stay out of my way whilst I open all my pressies!!!!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Solanum alkaloids can be found in green potato sprouts and green potato skins, which occur when the tubers are exposed to sunlight during growth or after harvest. The occurrence of actual poisoning is due to several factors: solanine is poorly absorbed; it is mostly hydrolyzed into less toxic solanidinel; and the metabolites are quickly eliminated. Cooked, mashed potatoes are fine for dogs, actually quite nutritious and digestible
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I'll second that! Kali and Snorri are both partial to a bit of cooked tattie in their nosh, particularly if it has a wee bit of beef gravy mixed in! It seems to supply extra tailwag power!

Snorri
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:06 PM
aww thanks!!! we were going to jsut give him a small one roasted and mashed up with a little gravy some carrots (which he seems to love!) and half a cooked chikcen leg (no bones) in his bowl! lol happy chirstmas!! im sure hell love it!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh yes, they love carrots, mine eats his raw, but loves them in his food! mmmmm, he's going to love his christmas dinner that little man!!!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:18 PM
At Christmas ours always get a xmas dinner of their own, the same as us, so everything in moderation i just fine, as long as it's cooked properly, there are no bones or stuffing and no sneaky chocolates or alcohol, to keep them safe !

Ours love their Xmas dinner and why shouldn't they
Lara'sYorkies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Cooked potatoes (in moderation) are fine unless your dog is arthritic as they can aggravate it. My gang will also be getting a mini Christmas dinner each
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Jamie had turkey and mashed spuds and gravy (no onions!!) for brekkie this morning!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I was advised to be careful with the gravy as depending on how you make it it can have loads of additives which can cause reactions.This was after Fudge`s lumps when she was a puppy.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >