Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks Kye

I hope that answer put your mind at rest. I didn't know one way or another, but it wasn't anything I had heard of, but learned from your question, because it's just another peice of information you can keep in the back of your mind about feeding raw meat

Now we've just got to hope little jess likes to eat it raw...lol
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Thats true Mysch, I will continue to cook it for a few months though, as it can upset her tummy being so small...

Yet it wont be for long, she is growing so fast!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks Kyektula
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Saw your posting and replies on britbarf as well and was going to answer but everyone beat me to it!!!
I buy a full ox heart every week and my butcher cuts it into 8 portions and then puts 2 pieces in individual bags and I freeze it. I also get lambs hearts off him, he cuts these in half for me and both halves go into bags. I usually buy 5 of these at a time, so my 2 get either an eighth of a piece of ox heart each or half a lambs heart each every day along with my butchers pet mince and chicken wings.
They also get whole fish. I don't cook any of it and having gone into it at great length (as Mys will testify ) there is absolutely no need. The only thing they haven't had as yet is liver, just mainly because I know it can give them the runs, however the heart doesn't have this effect on them at all, so maybe some small liver pieces may be in order at some point. You are just making work for yourself.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2