View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 07:46 PM
That was not very nice of her , and not fair on your poor brother either , some ppl eh , to me relationships are about give and take on both sides and trust , and honesty xxdk
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 08:16 PM
What an interesting thread.

So do I take it most people think that they can work.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Judging by the replies i would say yes , but what do i know , ive never had one ., but my friend has and thats what got me thinking , her b/f and her have been together 9 years now xxdk
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Judging by the replies i would say yes , but what do i know , ive never had one ., but my friend has and thats what got me thinking , her b/f and her have been together 9 years now xxdk
Well I have tried a couple, a few years back, but they were unsuccessful. we both always seemed too busyto meet up so then there was trust issues. My personal opinion is that a long distance relationship would be difficult, I am always on the go, so doubt one would work really. Others seem to have trouble trusting me for some strange reason, unless they can keep an eye on me.

Personally I am more likely to avoid one!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
Well I have tried a couple, a few years back, but they were unsuccessful. we both always seemed too busyto meet up so then there was trust issues. My personal opinion is that a long distance relationship would be difficult, I am always on the go, so doubt one would work really. Others seem to have trouble trusting me for some strange reason, unless they can keep an eye on me.

Personally I am more likely to avoid one!
fair point , nice to see it from a male point of view xxdk
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 09:06 PM
One of my first boyfriends lived in Bradford and im in Gloucestershire. We met through a friend when he was down here visiting. It was hard, but he'd come down every weekend, and if he wasn't able to come here i'd go up there. But it all went wrong when we went on holiday for my 18th, we'd been "together" for a year, but not spent more than a few days together - Two weeks of hell is all i can describe that holiday as. It was a place i'd always wanted to go to, and the most beautiful city (Rome if anyone's interested) and i spent most of the time miserable cos we just didn't get on!!

Other BFs have all been local to me, and they haven't worked out either So my current one lives about an hours drive away and so far its working fine, but obviously, it hasn't been tested for more than a few days again
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm in Nottingham and my man lives in London. I trust him and he trusts me. We love each other a great deal and both know that at some point, we will need to be together, geographically. It IS hard, especially when you're down and need someone there for you, someone extra special or when you're really happy for some reason and want to share it with them.

It's about commitment as well, you must be extra committed because there are times when you are tested.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 10:39 PM
If it's meant to be, then distance shouldn't be an option.

My ex husband and I got through many miles. He was away more times than he was home, but we got through it.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
I can vouch for long distance relationships.
I dont like to display on here coz of those who dont contribute here like to make my life difficult. But caution to the wind tonight. Im posting this snap of what success a long distance relationship can do. I love his man like no one else Ive ever loved....

My Ian Taylor & me....

IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
And no bloody wonder... he's a right hansome devil
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »