Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2014, 06:33 AM

Morning Dogsey thread (Sunday).

Bit cooler here this morning but sure that will change later it seems to start off comfortable but heats up as the day goes on.
Heavy rain yesterday afternoon and a cracking storm but it didn't help the humidity in fact it got worse as the evening went on.
Dillon settled in the house with the fan on him and was snoozing away so I went up to bed at 10.30 and Gorden said at 11 he went out and stayed asleep under the gazebo till I came down at 7 this morning. It was lovely to have a night in bed.
I have a plan not sure if it will work but we will try it tonight.

Helena hope the weekend is going well with all the van changing.
June hope you are feeling better today and also ndidl that your head is feeling less sore today.
Eileen hope you enjoyed the game and well done on your bargains worth sitting in a deck chair all night in a queue then.
Hoping all other poorly humans and furry friends are feeling better today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Oh LOL at Gorden sleeping outside all night Lynn, but I bet he was more comfortable out there than you were in bed, it was so darn hot last night. We had more storms but nothing on the level of the previous night, but still muggy now. I will be interested to hear that plan and hope it works.

Jen, hope you're back to feeling 100% now cos I know you haven't been very well.xx

Had a busy morning up at the park, wondered where the morning went actually, but Dave said I talk too much - no!!!

One of my neighbours up there with a little blind springer spaniel told me about a horrendous incident she had down the beach at 7 am the morning before. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and she walks in exactly the same place I do down on the same beach so of course, I'm now paranoid it might happen to me. She was coming back along the shoreline where the tide was right out but coming in rapidly. Her dog was doing just as Zena would be doing, bouncing in and out of the water, chasing the ball which she was throwing in. Next minute, it wouldn't come in, so she went out to it, and found that it was caught up in thick, yellow fishing twine, not the usual thin fisherman's tackle, but this was thick. She tried and tried in vain to unravel her poor dog who was in panic mode. There was nobody about cos it was 7 am in the morning and she was screaming for help because the tide was racing in, it was now up to her waist, which meant her phone in her back was ruined now that it was underwater, along with her lighter which she said she could have used to break the twine. She then noticed that this huge, big barbed hook had embedded itself on the end of this twisted twine into her dog's stomach behind its front legs. Jeesus Christ, she said she was in such a state, she couldn't even talk about it cos it was making her feel sick. She could have ended up having to watch her dog being drowned in front of her, but thankfully, a man heard her screams and came running down with a knife and cut him free. The rest of the day/night were spent in the vets having an emergency op to remove the twine. Blood everywhere in her car and she was covered in blood as she rushed him in there. What a nightmare, and thank the lord that wasn't ME!

On that note, please be careful when swimming in the sea with your dogs, and although it's a lethal weapon to carry around with you, I told Dave I now want a small hunting type knife to carry around with me for when I'm down on the beach.

Nothing planned today for us, except a nice walk in the fog, and Dave is gravel boarding some of this new fencing to stop that rhinocerous aka staffie from barging through the bottom of it. The things we have to do in this house. We might be moving lol!

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Morning Helena. Gorden kipped on the sofa with all the back doors open. I changed my mind about making him sleep outside with Dillon.
At that poor woman's story I do hope her dog will be ok. Paranoid I'm not surprised I wouldn't be going there after hearing that.
Don't blame you wanting a hunting knife after hearing that. Good luck with the quest to keep the staffie out. Shouldn't they be doing that job though we did when we realised Dillon could barge through a couple of places into Beth and Paul's garden even though it is their fence. He isn't set on killing anyone either.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2014, 07:16 AM
High drama Helena..The sea is so powerful and eejits who throw fishing tackle out like that.

Still oppressive here but the rain has stopped.

My feral cat is back so clearly the storms are past. He always goes missing in bad weather so must have a lair somewhere!

Sleeping outside is a lovely idea!

Picked the peas and beans amid midges...all safe. Will see how I feel later re gardening etc.

Need to sort the wool room at some stage too.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Thank goodness your neighbour managed to free her dog Helena.
Cooler today after heavy rain last night.
On our way to the dog show but at this rate we're going to be late - blooming traffic!
Have a good day everyone.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Up early today as Pipper is off to her new mummy this lunchtime. She had her bath yesterday, got her new collar on & had the natural anti flea drops applied to her new collar. The dogs had their breakfast early & she's now chilling on the window sill. Her new mummy lives all of 6 miles away and as she has now retired from full time work she'll be Pipper's constant companion & is already her best mate.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Morning all.
OMG Helena that story made me feel really sick. We get a lot of probs with fishing twine here in the season when Grockles who know no better think they can fish from rocks and then leave all their tackle and rubbish behind them. When my daughter was 4 we had to take her to hospital because she had sat on a flipping great fish hook and it embedded itself in her bottom Because they are barbed you can't just remove them Hope the dog is alright today.
Lol at Gorden and Dillon, I knew what you meant Lynn!
Morning Rose and 4Lz.
Good luck to Pipper Joedee, what an eventful day
I've just heard that Kyla's gold fish (called Woowooo, don't ask!!) has died Oh dear
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Morning Rose, FL, Joedee and Nippy Jen.

Poor Kyla hope she isn't too upset.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Survived yesterday. Kept sleeping on and off mostly. Felt a bit more like early evening and cleaned outside before handing meaty bones out for tea, by the time I'd done that felt like rubbish again and went back to bed, and spent the evening either sleeping or doing odd jobs, like girly brekkies, washing up etc.
Wow I thought I was in the wars Ndidi till I read your adventures and subsequent A&E visit. Today won't be a good day will it, you'll have a real banging head not to mention the blood soaked hair. I think you'll be sleeping most of today from the sounds of it.
Helena, that is appalling, the poor woman, hope her dog is going to be OK long term, very scary. I think there's laws now saying you can't carry a knife, I think even a penknife. Cannot believe that fence isn't being mended by next door, any news on the other side, you've more or less done mediation when it happened before, so the ASBO could give them a clue that this serious
Lol at Dillon in the garden and Gordon on the couch. Miles cooler here this morning. Am getting girls onto the river then will decide whether to go to training or not. Bit short on patience today if I'm honest
Very sorry to hear about Kyla's goldfish, she'll be broken hearted I bet.
Best of luck in the show 4L
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Good morning everyone,

Helena, what an awful story about that little dog caught up in fishing net. My Steve is always on about the thoughtless less professional fishermen who leave tackle behind for the wildlife to get caught up in and any other critters that happen upon it.

Sally,
hope you are feeling better today what on earth happen to Hovis when you were carted off to A and E?

June, do hope you are feeling much better today.

Lynn, glad you had a restful night and poor Gorden had to do the settee night watch for Dillon. Still only fair he can sleep during the week, when does he break up for the summer?

Have a great day everyone, far too hot for me, but I am surviving. Steve going fishing again later all being well. Must be cuckoo. He slaughtered my garden yesterday cutting all the shrubs back and resiting my hydrangea which is in glorious full bloom. I told him he should have taken cuttings and put them into the wide space he had provided by cutting my choicyia back to a shell of itself. Also moved my plumbago another potted favourite to the other side of the choicyia (sp) It wont stand any northern winds where he has put it! Still he is taking an interest in the garden but will he mow the lawn, no way! I suppose I should be grateful he is taking an interest, asked me to order more grass seed. Wembley would be proud to have my lawns! Have a good day all.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »