Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mumof5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Im sneeking into fat club if thats ok

ive put on 3 stone over the last couple of years and really need to shift it. I now feel like i'm ready to do something about it and need support but cant afford to join a slimming club so am calorie counting and upping my exercise.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Not joining the club just something I found helpful when trying to lose weight .

I was the same low weigh all my life until I lost my husband than I started to 'comfort eat' and put weight on. In an attempt to remove temptation I tried not buying 'goodies' to eat then in desperation turned to the store cupboard and have been known to eat a fruit jelly from the packet or the raisins/sultanas/glacé cherries intended for baking .

It occurred to me that it wasn't so much a case of what I ate more that I must eat something. So I started each day by preparing a little supply of things to eat when desperate choosing foods which were low calorie , small batons of carrot/celery/peppers/spring onions which I put in a mug of water to keep crisp,tiny slices of apple in lemon juice and slices of orange. Doing this certainly helped to keep me away from forbidden things while still providing the sensation of eating something
What an excellent idea - thanks Mini! I think that is one of my issues too - especially when I am sat at the computer! I feel the need to be eating something (anything!). Am definitely going to try your little trick ... as I love apple, carrot, celery etc as well, so it won't be eaten under sufferance
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What an excellent idea - thanks Mini! I think that is one of my issues too - especially when I am sat at the computer! I feel the need to be eating something (anything!). Am definitely going to try your little trick ... as I love apple, carrot, celery etc as well, so it won't be eaten under sufferance
Further to this (and Mini's point) one of my downfalls is ''movie snacking''. Neil and I love to watch movies and it became a habit to share popcorn, Doritos, peanut M&Ms etc.

So, because on WW that would rack up the points I've invented our new movie snack recipe of homemade guacamole (6 points), homemade salsa (0 points), carrot sticks (0 points), celery (0 points), cherry tomatoes (0 points) and 50g Doritos (8points) per person. It's really filling and so tasty! We're having it tonight as have just had a veggie, healthy fry up (16 points) so per person that still leaves me enough for a couple of beers (4 points each) = total 32 (my daily allowance is 42).
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by mumof5 View Post
Im sneeking into fat club if thats ok

ive put on 3 stone over the last couple of years and really need to shift it. I now feel like i'm ready to do something about it and need support but cant afford to join a slimming club so am calorie counting and upping my exercise.
Welcome! Sounds like a good plan, good luck with it xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 08:01 AM
My latest blog updates (including some recipes ;o)

http://solongbigbum.blogspot.com/
mumof5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
My latest blog updates (including some recipes ;o)

http://solongbigbum.blogspot.com/
some yummy looking recipes, Im definitely going to be trying some of them, thank you
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Im pleased over the weekend have lost 3lbs! If i can just lose another 4lb by sunday, i think that will give me the motivation i need to crack on with this over the spring/summer.

Is it possible to lose a stone each month? i will try, but will be happy with 1/2 stone a month i suppose.

If after next week i can then try to lose a stone in the remaining 3 weeks, COMEONNNNNNN!), i shpould be able to, as its always easier at the start!
then by the start of april i can be on a sort of "month watch plan " thingy.

i expect im being over expentant, but i like my goals high! (im competitve!)
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I am a terrible snacker too but am trying to cut this bad habit out. When I'm watching tv now I do some craft work and feel I'm accomplishing something productive at the same time.

It must be like the thing with smokers-they need to do something with their hands instead of having a cigarrette!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Weight loss going well here . Losing 1- 2 pounds per week .
Not suffering too much ! Walking miles as well which the dogs and I are loving .
Have gone down at least a size in clothes so very pleased with how things are going at the moment
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Well donre ferns mum, thats fab!

Im considering having a gastric Balloon...........
Page 9 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »