Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
We got married in 2002 (second) marriage for both of us & it cost less than 1k including honeymoon

Married in a converted barn (part of a hotel) followed by a meal for around 20 & then back to ours for the evening

I wore a long cream lace dress which was around £100 & made my 3 daughters bridesmaids dresses in peach with lace boleros.
Flowers were peach & cream silk bought from a market in Spain & arranged myself.
Peach & cream balloons & hired our own helium. We attached the balloons on tables to proper horseshoes sprayed silved & decorated with flowers - then gave the mum's one each to keep. Made my own favors.
Cake made by a friend.
Borrowed a marquee for the garden from a company a friend worked for.
Went to France on a booze run & bought loads of bottles of cheap fizz for 50p each (and everyone kept saying how lovely the champagne was )
had piñatas hanging in the marquee for the kids in the evening - though the drunken adults did kinda take over
Then honeymooned in parents apartment in Spain for 1 week
It was a fantastic day, so relaxed & enjoyable
Sounds ideal! Pictures please?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Sounds ideal! Pictures please?
I'll have to scan some, don't have any on pc
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Well we are pencilled in for our venue after taking both sets of parents round for a look yesterday. They all agreed the price was very reasonable for such a stunning setting so I imagine we will be ringing to pay the deposit in the week!

I have posted the link earlier in this thread but for those who missed it or are interested we will be getting married here:

www.stoodleighcourt.co.uk

It's all very exciting now the venue is sorted!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:23 AM
It looks absolutely Stunning Esme - I am sure you will have a wonderful wonderful day
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Was chatting away to my bridesmaid to be last night as we celebrated! Anyway she has come up with a couple of tips for me....she brought her official wedding album along and then the one she did with pictures taken by guests and in all honesty the one of guests pictures is far superior. Her Official album is all staged shots and very formal. About half the pictures in her own album were taken by her friends husband and she is going to ask if he would do our photos too as he has captured some fantastic shots and looking at them last night brought it all back. I know her friend quite well but have only met the guy who took the photos once, at the wedding, but my friend says she will ask if he will do photos for £100 and she is pretty sure he will

Also She said the cake they had was 3 tesco cakes and they got the florist to make a cake topper, I hae an idea what I would like as a cake but am going to follow her idea and just have the topper made at a baker and get a supermarket cake, she still has the supports for the teirs and the stand etc from her cake so has kindly said we can borrow those.
We are going to look at dresses but I have actually found one I quite like in an online department store so have sent her a link as there are bits I am not sure of but she is vert creative and used to make her own clothes a long time ago so have asked her advice on whether it could be altered slightly. And we are off to see venues today and tommorow

Brilliant Lynn Chris is very into his photography as you know and he does the occasional wedding, Christening etc. We try to go for the more informal shots so I know what you mean about the staged shots, although sometimes you have to to get the group shots, what we try to do is mix and match them,

We have had some really fab shots, with bubbles and children We then do a photobook in a story board fashion and we charge very little We just enjoy it and get to go to a wedding as well Wish you lived nearer it would be an honor to do your wedding

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Well we are pencilled in for our venue after taking both sets of parents round for a look yesterday. They all agreed the price was very reasonable for such a stunning setting so I imagine we will be ringing to pay the deposit in the week!

I have posted the link earlier in this thread but for those who missed it or are interested we will be getting married here:

www.stoodleighcourt.co.uk

It's all very exciting now the venue is sorted!!
That looks stunning hun, am sure you will have the wedding of your dreams there. As I said to Lynn wish I lived nearer as it would be an honor to do your pics too!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
That looks stunning hun, am sure you will have the wedding of your dreams there. As I said to Lynn wish I lived nearer as it would be an honor to do your pics too!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks! It really is a beautiful setting and I love the fact we have the exclusive use of it for the whole day. The hotels we looked at obviously couldn't guarantee this so for the same price having exclusive use was a winner for me!

It is a shame you don't live closer as I am struggling on the photographer front at the moment! We've got a friend who might do it but he's never done weddings before! I don't suppose by any chance you have a list of the standard/typical wedding shots you should traditionally get?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks! It really is a beautiful setting and I love the fact we have the exclusive use of it for the whole day. The hotels we looked at obviously couldn't guarantee this so for the same price having exclusive use was a winner for me!

It is a shame you don't live closer as I am struggling on the photographer front at the moment! We've got a friend who might do it but he's never done weddings before! I don't suppose by any chance you have a list of the standard/typical wedding shots you should traditionally get?
The list below is based on a church wedding and I don't think I necessarily agree with all these, but here's a list I found from a quick google which will give you an idea:

http://www.digital-photography-schoo...tography-shots

and a list of the typical group shots:

Everyone
Entire Bridal Party
Bridal party plus immediate family
Couple with both sets of parents
Couple with all immediate family on both sides
Couple with male friends
Couple with female friends
Couple with best man
Couple with maid of honour
Couple with priest/vicar/rabbi?
Just the couple
Special guests
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
The list below is based on a church wedding and I don't think I necessarily agree with all these, but here's a list I found from a quick google which will give you an idea:

http://www.digital-photography-schoo...tography-shots

and a list of the typical group shots:

Everyone
Entire Bridal Party
Bridal party plus immediate family
Couple with both sets of parents
Couple with all immediate family on both sides
Couple with male friends
Couple with female friends
Couple with best man
Couple with maid of honour
Couple with priest/vicar/rabbi?
Just the couple
Special guests
Brill thanks for that!! Definitely gives me an ideas of what we should be heading towards if we go for a friend doing it.

By the way after I spoke to you the other day about costs, we got the quote for the venue and it was even less than i had originally budgetted for! The total cost for the venue including meal, disco, hog roast, ceremony, welcome drinks, drinks for the toast and wine on the table was £6700 and then we have a 20% discount to come off the per person package bit so we would pay just over £5000 and i think on the calibre of the venue that is incredibly reasonable! Good job Rich gets a £5000 bonus from work next year!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Sure, I can give you a list. will pm you and send you some examples. So wish we could do them for you, would cost too much to come down and find a hotel for the night. Anyway will pm you ok!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >