Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
thought Eddies dogs all that that ole big farm collie in them, so the rumours say.

Hal did look collieish.inparts
Lets see a pic of Ben
I have already told you in great detail Mish the ancestry. Eddie used Cap, her husband's collie, once in her lines, way way before we got Hal, back in the late 80's time?

Eddie told me that after she and JK fell out and she was no longer supplying wc's to her, JK put more collie into her lines. I have no idea whether or not this is true, but i personally believe that the northern inuits have a far more consistent look about them than the utonagans, to their detriment. I prefer the more varied look of the utes, particularly the heavy coats of course. But yes, it is quite true, I believe Eddie used Cap, Bill's old male collie, in 1 mating.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:22 PM
thought Eddies dogs all that that ole big farm collie in them, so the rumours say.

Hal did look collieish.inparts
Lets see a pic of Ben
I wish!! Hal could not have been less like a collie, unfortunately, if he had tried!! I personally can't see it. I will PM you a picture of Ben, I have no wish to post one up for him to be slagged off by jealous, petty people
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I have already told you in great detail Mish the ancestry. Eddie used Cap, her husband's collie, once in her lines, way way before we got Hal, back in the late 80's time?

Eddie told me that after she and JK fell out and she was no longer supplying wc's to her, JK put more collie into her lines. I have no idea whether or not this is true, but i personally believe that the northern inuits have a far more consistent look about them than the utonagans, to their detriment. I prefer the more varied look of the utes, particularly the heavy coats of course. But yes, it is quite true, I believe Eddie used Cap, Bill's old male collie, in 1 mating.
Why did Hal look so collielike then?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:23 PM
I wish!! Hal could not have been less like a collie, unfortunately, if he had tried!! I personally can't see it. I will PM you a picture of Ben, I have no wish to post one up for him to be slagged off by jealous, petty people
NO please DO NOT PM me, i do not wish to have PMs from you
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I talk rubbish, thats rich

HARDLY shooting you down in flames when my post did say HYPOTHETICALLY.

BUT since you say I talk rubbish...there are people on this forum who leave their dogs 5/6 days a week and work but have them trained to a high level, walk them everyday...are those people all talking rubbish?

then there are people who like dogs that are a challenge yet choose not to rise to it and then stick an e-collar on them instead.

I am being 'real' by saying that people are tired, they get home from work and cant be bothered, but they still do stuff with their dogs before going to bed.
God you take the biscuit!! How on earth do you know what I do with my dogs before I go to bed? I don't walk them, that is true, because it is pitch dark when I get back. However, soon, it won't be, and then I will. Often in the summer months we go out on a bike ride when I get back from work along the canal to a pub, and back.

I cannot be bothered to argue with you any more, I'm off to PM a pic of my BEAUTIFUL boy to Mish.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:25 PM

so JK bred the Ute's and Eddie the NI's?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:26 PM
you a picture of Ben, I have no wish to post one up for him to be slagged off by jealous, petty people
Who are you calling petty & jealous? thats a real low blow.
I would have expected more of you
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:29 PM
God you take the biscuit!! How on earth do you know what I do with my dogs before I go to bed? I don't walk them, that is true, because it is pitch dark when I get back. However, soon, it won't be, and then I will. Often in the summer months we go out on a bike ride when I get back from work along the canal to a pub, and back.

I cannot be bothered to argue with you any more, I'm off to PM a pic of my BEAUTIFUL boy to Mish.
oh for goodness sake, like I have been 'argueing' with you

YOU posted something along the lines of 'how am I supposed to train my dogs when I work and I travel 30 miles' then you said you dont walk them as OH does....YOU then tell us your going to bed.....

SO your less tired in the summer then..... still commuting though

Your accusing people of arguing after you post that stuff, alongside a post stating how you used an e-collar (or OH did) then ignore questions on that thread......suppose thats all my fault then
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Who are you calling petty & jealous? thats a real low blow.
I would have expected more of you
because of the collie heritage
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Because you keep telling us.

I am not being dramatic at all, that is always everyone's answer isn't it. I am not going to go into the details of why you have upset me in public, but you know.

How the flying f do you expect me to train my dogs when I am working my socks off 30 miles away from where I live? I go out to work, OH is semi retired working from home and his job is to look after the dogs. He does his best, but unlike you who is obviously perfect, he is not. He spends on average 4 hours a day walking the dogs, I personally think this is pretty good, but unfortunately he cannot then take a further hour or two to train Ben. As you rightly say, training is something that should be done continuously as part of the daily walking, and that is exactly what he does, and what I do at weekends. But you should know, having a CWD, who presumably you let off the lead, that the hardest thing to do is to train a good reliable recall.

I am sorry that I don't come up to your exacting standards, I doubt anyone would be able to
No not at all. My dogs are not very interested in titbits, toys or clickers.

And what's with the weekend dog owner? My husband is with our dogs 24/7. I really apologise for the fact that I now have to go out to work, whereas before I too was self-employed working from home.

You really are the lowest of low sniping at me like that. Through no fault of my own, my life had to take a dramatic turn, but NEVER NEVER NEVER have my dogs past or present EVER suffered in any way.

You really have cut deep with that one.
Page 21 of 42 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 > Last »