Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2012, 07:48 PM

Things You Wished You Had Done!

I had a feeling that this was going to be Jeagers last year...
So i made sure that i tried to make sure, there was nothing that i wish i had done!
1. Jeager touched noses with a cat, and had a little biscuit treat each, from me!
2.I asked the vet to teach me how to wash his ears out, with Epi-otic ear wash. I did this very well, in the end.
3. I learnt to cut his nails on my own. First time in nine years.
4. Althoug he'd had Hydrotherapy in the past, he hated it. I took him fifteen times, and he hated it every time. That stopped 2 years ago, but i just wanted to see if he still hated it. Or if there may be one more chance. He still hated it, and there was no more!!
5.I came home from work and found him snuggled up on the camp bed in the spare room. S
omething must have concerned him, and he found comfort there. So i made that into a proper bed for him. With a quilt and his bed sheets. He was happy with that.
6.Finally. I always made sure that we came back to Jeagers Tree after every walk. So he could see his friends!
sometimes, nobody turned up.. but he would stay there for ages, just in case!

What would you like to do with one of yours, before they go?
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I would love to take Cookie on holiday. Since he came into my life I have had 2 holidays consisting of more than 2 nights away from him, and the first one was when he was still my parents dog.
I want a holiday but to take him with me, so I can have my cake and eat it (don't worry I will give him liver cake).
As soon as his back is better I am going to really push OH to take us away.
But generally I know no one could love him more than I do, and he couldn't love anyone more than me. I enjoy having him everyday, and watching him sleep is my favourite pass time
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2012, 06:43 AM
My goal with Zena was to have her as trustworthy of me as old Georgieboy was, as he was such an easy dog to do anything with, so accommodating and trusting, but I was very worried about Zena as a puppy, because she just never trusted me to be able to do what I wanted with her.

Right up until about the age of 2, she'd wriggle about when I wanted to hose her, I couldn't groom her properly, she hated it, cutting her nails took absolutely ages to do (one or two a day for a week to get the job done), any knots and tangles underneath would end up a nightmare to get to, she just didn't trust me. NOW though, I can cut her nails, trim her feet whenever I like, she will roll over for me to let me brush her tummy (very gently though!!!) which was unheard of before. I can have her as still as a rock to cut any knots off her trousers whilst she's like that, I can clean her ears, get the knots out, I can hose her all day if I wanted and she'd just stand there for me and not move if I tell her not to, so to date, I almost feel that I have her as relaxed and confident of me as Georgie (almost so!) and she knows that I am never going to hurt her no matter what I have in my hand, whereas up to the age of about 2, if you went to do something to her with something in your hand, she'd have legged it somewhere at 90mph Now, I've just gotta convince her that the vet can be as trustworthy as me, and I'm getting there.

Thinking about it, this is all I want from my dogs, their respect and above all, their trust and although it's taken a while with this one, I'm 100% certain that I now have this from her, but then she'll be 4 in November, not doing very well am I with this one!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-09-2012, 07:16 AM
What would I like to do with, or more importantly for Pereg? I would so much love to be able to bring her to meet, greet and play with the Dogsey dogs - be able to run around off lead and mix and play - something she cannot and I will not let her do here. The only times she can be off lead is when we go to the Pension for me to buy things from their store, and she is comfortable enough to let loose to wander about.

I am still hesitating whether to let her go for a few hours daycare there again.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2012, 07:49 AM
I would like to take asbo and daphni on a proper holiday, with no one else, just me and the dogs, for a week in a little cottage somewhere going on lots of walls and trails.

I need to push asbo's potential, i HAVE to start agility with him I think he would excel in it. And I would love to enter him in working trials, even though I know we would probably get laughed at.

And before both asbo and daphni leave me (they're only 4 and 2 so I have a while) I want to have them in their own house, with just me, no nana or mylo to annoy them, their own garden with grass that they don't get shouted at for going on it. They will have it one day
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
My V is 12 years old now.....things I wish I had done......been able to discover the way of keeping him alive, happy and well for another 12 years as he is the epitome of what I always wanted from a dog....kind, caring, beautiful, well behaved but with character and assertiveness when required.

On my 17th wedding anniversary this year my husband gave me a framed photo of Tigger saying that since he shares his status with Tigs in my life, we needed a decent pic of him too! It was beautiful and it looked as though he had posed specially for my husband on a photoshoot! Soppy pair!.....and me of course!