Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 10:00 PM

Dog owners reminded about licence legislation

never heard of this before It doesn't affect me, it's just not something I'd heard of?
is this the same law where you live.

PEOPLE who keep up to three dogs in their home as part of a business must have a licence, pet owners have been reminded.

The rule applies to anyone who is paid for looking after dogs in their home on a regular basis, but not people who occasionally care for the dogs of friends or relatives.

Such people must obtain a licence from South Lakeland District Council under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.

The dogs must live in the home. Outdoors cages, kennels or runs are defined as boarding kennels and do not apply.

Anyone wishing to run a larger dog business may require planning permission and should make enquiries to SLDC to find out which licence and planning permission they may need.

Under licence conditions, the maximum number of dogs allowed in the building will be determined by an inspecting officer and is set at a maximum of three.

A home boarding licence costs £65 and must be paid at the time the application is submitted.

To find out further information, visit www.southlakeland.gov.uk orcontact the public health and licensing team on 01539 733333.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/dog-ow...ws/south_lakes
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 10:28 PM
A home boarding licence costs £65 and must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
Why shouldn't people who home board as a business be licensed I don't see that it is a problem