Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2014, 09:16 PM

Our swing!

First off,before you all think I'm a sniffling lunatic,I really am NOT a weeper,but this set me off today;
Sometimes,in the nice evenings,Lacey and I get on the swing.So peaceful,snuggling up and listening to the birds singing Often we both fall asleep for a bit,its lovely
Anyway,today,the Princess decided she'd like to stretch out on her swinging throne Needless to say I had one buttock hanging off the edge and a cramp in my arm,cause she uses that as a pillow
Huge flock of birds gathered on the electric wires,not so much a chorus as a Racket No chance of any shut eye for me Them in one ear,her ladyship snoring in the other
So there's me,feeling a bit sorry for myself actually..looking on as the lucky ball of fluff enjoyed her comfortable,warm,snooze
Then I thought,she's 11 now,someday I'll have this whole swing to myself I'll wish for 5 minutes of having half my body suspended in mid air and having a dead arm again,so she'd be here.Got all sentimental and the tears started,felt like a total idiot The sniffling obviously got a bit loud for her Royal Highness,she lifted her head and looked at me,like"what the hell is the matter with you? Then promptly went back to sleep
They don't half take over our hearts do they?
Just thought I'd share that little episode
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Awww know what you mean if I start to think that way about Dillon I get exactly the same.
Love the swing by the way.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Awww know what you mean if I start to think that way about Dillon I get exactly the same.
Love the swing by the way.
Oh thanks for that thought I was losing the plot
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Reckon we both lost the plot long ago.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Reckon we both lost the plot long ago.

Seriously?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2014, 09:05 AM
I understand perfectly, I'm getting those thoughts with Cariad and Lona, in the last few months they have slowed down and instead of digging the river up or charging in and out of the water they are peaceful and come and sit with me for cuddles more.
Their hierarchy is beginning to change and Mabs is emerging as their leader, Cariad still doing the roost ultimately,but Mabs definitely moving her over.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Aw bless you Eileen. Sometimes it takes those little moments to realise just what we've got and how lucky we are.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Awwww, don't worry, I do the same.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2014, 09:44 AM
I do not know what I would do if I lost my beloved Pereg - difficult as it is and with so much work involved, what would I do without her? Especially as I know that she will be the last dog ever to share my life.

So when she takes up most of the [large double] bed I just shift to the little space I have and let her have the space she wants.

And when she wakes me every night, once or twice, to go out, I let her out because she needs it more than I need my sleep.

She is just coming up to 5¾ years old but in spite of her condition she could easily outlive me - unless I take after Mother in which case I have another 11 years to go - but due to her condition each day could be her last.

So much as she drives me cuckoo at times - what would I do without her?

Borrowing some of the lyrics from the song by Irving Berlin [I have a one-off CD of Elke Brooks on which this is on]

What'll I do
When you are far away
And I am blue
What'll I do

What'll I do
With just
A photograph
To tell my troubles to?

When I'm alone
With only dreams of you
That won't come true
What'll I do?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks MALKA,TW,FL & LS So happy I'm not alone in thinking like that,but best to have your little moment then move on and enjoy every second you have with them,I think grin: Part of the family and that's just it
Love the song lyrics
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >