View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 04:11 PM
that is terrible,i don't understand why somebody would advertise your dog forsale i really hope you get it sorted out soon
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 05:26 PM
That happened to our Charity in a round about sort of way.

Someone opened up a website in our charities name, put mine and my friends phone numbers on and used a picture that someone had posted as their signature on another forum.

First I knew of it was when this lady rang me to ask why we had used her picture without permission when the artist had copyright!!!

I was livid, took ages to get it taken off (the whole site, not just the picture) and it caused us no end of hassle. The bloke that did it was from the Manchester area, we don't know anyone from that area at all.

We had never heard of the person who had done this, still have no idea who or why they would want to do it. I emailed him several times asking for an explanation but recieved no reply.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 05:31 PM
That is terrible, I have heard of it happening before also. There is a Rottie breeder who has used other peoples pics and made out they are her stock!

There is a way of watermarking your picture that we use for Ebay, if you like I can provide you a link so you can put it on your pics so nobody can copy them and make out they are theirs? On mine you can just write your name or I guess Kennel name whatever onto your pics and it comes out very finely but clearly. You shouldn't have to do it but I guess it would stop this happening again.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
That is terrible, I have heard of it happening before also. There is a Rottie breeder who has used other peoples pics and made out they are her stock!

There is a way of watermarking your picture that we use for Ebay, if you like I can provide you a link so you can put it on your pics so nobody can copy them and make out they are theirs? On mine you can just write your name or I guess Kennel name whatever onto your pics and it comes out very finely but clearly. You shouldn't have to do it but I guess it would stop this happening again.
Thats a great idea
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Thats terrible, hopefully they'll be able to remove the pic
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Good grief! I hope you are able to sort it all out quickly.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 05:25 PM
AD now been removed but no e-mail to say sorry or anything from chap who did it or the ad site people BUT at least its now gone
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 05:40 PM
aww rose what a relief for you knowing the add has been taken of and what a shock for you to be told that your babe is advertised that was so bad but im glad all has ended well
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2006, 06:23 PM
thats bad pinching pictures from sites i disable the right click on my site makes it a bit more difficult
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 07:21 PM
yep the pic was taken from the CHAZHOUND FORUM i was told this by a person on the GLOBALPAW FORUM. NOT SURE HOW THEY KNEW THIS THOUGH
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >