Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2005, 10:45 AM

sky... crying puppy

sky is 9 days old and since early this morning has been crying rather a lot ...shes still feeding well , mum still got plenty of milk , although shes not feeding for long (5-10 mins max) every 2 and a half hours is this ok ? sky hasnt been a "noisy" type of pup but now shes a little bigger is she making herself known ?

julie
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 10:46 AM
What sort of cry is it MM, is it just puppy squeking (sp) or more like long loud bursts?
Pups do get more active and noisy as they grow!
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2005, 10:49 AM
its a cry not a squeak , i would imagine it to be a frustation type of cry (if that makes sence) the sort of cry i imagine that pups that get shoved of teats would make like a type of protest , though since the last hour or so shes been back to her quite self!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I wouldnt worry atall, as long as she continues to feed and move around as normal
If you have any more worries dont hesitate to ask your vet, but she sounds fine to me, just getting used to her voice like i said as long as she is feeding i wouldnt worry x
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 10:55 AM
I've just seen a little movie on a labsite, of a 5 day old puppy, and I tell you, if you didnt see it, you would think she was getting killed. But as it turns out, she's just enjoying her dinner. I tell you, the breeder told us, that first time she heard it, she had stormed out of the bed thinking, the pup was being murdered or sommin.. Nope "just" eating

I'm sure Sky is fine. Aslong as she's feeding as Gem said.. Maybe CC or Inca have an idea, why she does this
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Could she have wind, my pup has suffered with this as he has free range at the 'milk bar', I just pick him up and place him on my chest and pat his back, usually results in a burp or some times he just wants a cuddle and snuggles in my arms.
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Could she have wind, my pup has suffered with this as he has free range at the 'milk bar', I just pick him up and place him on my chest and pat his back, usually results in a burp or some times he just wants a cuddle and snuggles in my arms.
never thought of that sweep .... but this morning she was crying a pick her up for a cuddle she did burp (or made a noise like a burp 0 and shes settled down since
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Ah bless her!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 12:14 PM
aawwww I'm melting here:

and snuggles in my arms. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2005, 12:16 PM
As long as the pup is feeding and moving around a lot then it's probably nothing.Maybe wind as has been suggested already.It could be that she is experiencing a growth spurt and is wanting to feed more than usual. As long as she's nice and warm, feeding well and mobile, she's a happy puppy
Sian
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >