Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Kizzy24 View Post
I give up on this thread...no one has yet to give me a name and pedigree of a current showline dog that has all attributes required in a working dog. I'm thoroughly bored! Ive asked one question over and over and had no response...its not worth my time of day as I am genuinely interested where these dogs are.

Start spreading the news.......................
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I know more than enough about the things Ive said....proof is literally in the pudding

I am still here because I wont have people no matter how old you are slagging me off on a thread that clearly you know little about.

How many Shepherds have you owned??
You said this to Smokeybear????!!!!! LOL - you're funny!

have you considered that nobody has answered your question firstly because maybe nobody WANTS to and secondly, you are expecting people to give names of dogs or kennels, show videos etc potentially of dogs that don't belong to them but you have said yourself that you have refused to give names etc.

You can't have it both ways.

I also own both SL (2 males) and WL (1 bitch) GSDs. Next week I'll be bringing home a SL/WL pup (1 male). From all of teh piosts so far, tbh you wouldn't be one of the people I would ask for help or advice as you don't come across as knowing much at all.
Kizzy24
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I said I wouldn't bad mouth anyones particular dogs but I would gladly sing the praises of others if I thought they were very good.

I don't need anyone asking me for help or advice but this is a forum....one where you can post freely with opinions, experiences and knowledge which I think if you were to ever meet me or my dogs I'm sure you would realise I have plenty of all of it. If you want to know what experience and knowledge I have then please PM me or at least get to know who I am, what I do and have done etc before starting to "assume" things which frankly aren't true.

Why are you so shocked at me standing up to SmokeyBear?? I won't take personal comments and sarcastic replies without responding so everyone thinks she lays down the law on here. If she maybe asked about my experiences etc and got to know me a little better she might realise that we probably have a lot in common with regards to passion, interests and training etc but instead she has made it personal as though I have done something or should not be allowed my opinion beacause of what?

I currently own 2 showline gsd's, 5 working gsd bitches, 2 knpv line malinois, 1 male working line gsd stud and 3 male working line gsd youngsters being trained up for future sale to police forces. Over the past 18 mths I have trained/part trained in conjunction with my partner around 45 dogs ranging from working gsd's, showlines, a dutch herder and a rottweiler that have all gone into police/ prison/ security or personal protection homes as well as having 3 successful litters that have sold to working homes within 2 weeks of being born.
This is only the past 18mths and does not include all the other training I have done and experience I have had including showing and home behavioural consults. I'm no going to bore everyone with all this but just because I'm new to this forum doesn't mean I don't have any experience or knowledge and canot post on a thread which I feel quite strongly about.....The current showline shepherds and "what once was, now just isn't" so to speak.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I give up on this thread...no one has yet to give me a name and pedigree of a current showline dog that has all attributes required in a working dog. I'm thoroughly bored! Ive asked one question over and over and had no response...its not worth my time of day as I am genuinely interested where these dogs are.

..............."I'm leaving today"
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I said I wouldn't bad mouth anyones particular dogs but I would gladly sing the praises of others if I thought they were very good.

I don't need anyone asking me for help or advice but this is a forum....one where you can post freely with opinions, experiences and knowledge which I think if you were to ever meet me or my dogs I'm sure you would realise I have plenty of all of it. If you want to know what experience and knowledge I have then please PM me or at least get to know who I am, what I do and have done etc before starting to "assume" things which frankly aren't true.

Why are you so shocked at me standing up to SmokeyBear?? I won't take personal comments and sarcastic replies without responding so everyone thinks she lays down the law on here. If she maybe asked about my experiences etc and got to know me a little better she might realise that we probably have a lot in common with regards to passion, interests and training etc but instead she has made it personal as though I have done something or should not be allowed my opinion beacause of what?

I currently own 2 showline gsd's, 5 working gsd bitches, 2 knpv line malinois, 1 male working line gsd stud and 3 male working line gsd youngsters being trained up for future sale to police forces. Over the past 18 mths I have trained/part trained in conjunction with my partner around 45 dogs ranging from working gsd's, showlines, a dutch herder and a rottweiler that have all gone into police/ prison/ security or personal protection homes as well as having 3 successful litters that have sold to working homes within 2 weeks of being born.
This is only the past 18mths and does not include all the other training I have done and experience I have had including showing and home behavioural consults. I'm no going to bore everyone with all this but just because I'm new to this forum doesn't mean I don't have any experience or knowledge and canot post on a thread which I feel quite strongly about.....The current showline shepherds and "what once was, now just isn't" so to speak.
thought you said you werent a broker?
where did you get the 45 dogs?

I have mentioned several bloodlines now you mention some show me a workline with the traits you mention without showline in its lineage
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 07:13 PM
I know showlines quite well but not as well as someone who shows/breeds them....an honest answer! I cannot and will not name names of kennels/breeders that are extremely "well known" in the show world that I have seen and worked some of their stock. I have 2 showlines from 2 of the top breeders of showlines in the U.K.....a daughter of a "SCH III" dog which I did think at the time was genuine but turns out not so much! What angers me is I go to Crufts every year...as I did used to show myself but not GSD's (and I do actually love some of heads and colours on the showlines and I do wish they were on par with a working line so dont think I am putting them down because I dont like them!) is I actually saw a Male that really shyed away from the judge...now I mean REALLY...bordering on a bite if the handler hadn't grabbed his head....this dog went on to win!! and not only that... my friend who is very into showlines and is starting to show herself went on to buy a puppy from him when she herself witnessed this! This is what is wrong with showlines and this is why more and more nerve bags are being created every day because the show people use these winners at stud!
Your dog may well have been used at stud but you know as well as I do not a lot of police forces (and they will admit this themselves)dont have a lot of knowledge in breeding and using good stock...there are a few definitely that have their head screwed on and use top dogs....and your dog may have been very good...I wouldn't know...perhaps you have a video? Also your boy may be a lot older now...a lot has changed in the last 10 years...showlines are not how they once were....I wonder how many would use him now??
I know my stock very well thank you and as a Qualified Veterinary Nurse I find it apauling that you can ask or try to name me as a broker not a breeder??
No I haven't ever heard of that story before and again dont try to assume random stories of unsuccessful police dogs must relate to me! :/ We have only been BREEDING 12 months so it is an impossibility! Also to have a "dig" at european lines is also a little low too...Ive never said they are all health perfect...but then again what breed is
just had a re-read I am not refering to unsuccessful police dogs I am refering to active officers who have had to be retired as they have started fitting at 3,4,5 yrs of age not all GSDs who are fitters start early - read up on genetic epilepsy
Kizzy24
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Not a broker....get pre-orders from police forces sometimes needing one asap and sometimes 6 mths in advance and we have to go out to Europe and source them a suitable candidate bring it back and train/advance it further before it goes out to the force. Your little story about the fitting dog I have no idea because since we have only been established 15mths its not really a possibility of being us so can you now drop that one...I wont have slanderous comments made about the business. I don't need to read up on epilepsy thanks...I have my VN qualification
45 dogs divided into 15mths is roughly 3/month...not many really is it?! And we raised a few puppies in this number too that we selected from good stock.
As regards to showline parantage way way WAY back in working line shepherds....are they true show line? or just a GSD that was back then capable of being a good show and working dog?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Not a broker....get pre-orders from police forces sometimes needing one asap and sometimes 6 mths in advance and we have to go out to Europe and source them a suitable candidate bring it back and train/advance it further before it goes out to the force. Your little story about the fitting dog I have no idea because since we have only been established 15mths its not really a possibility of being us so can you now drop that one...I wont have slanderous comments made about the business. I don't need to read up on epilepsy thanks...I have my VN qualification
45 dogs divided into 15mths is roughly 3/month...not many really is it?! And we raised a few puppies in this number too that we selected from good stock.
As regards to showline parantage way way WAY back in working line shepherds....are they true show line? or just a GSD that was back then capable of being a good show and working dog?
why do u have such an 'attitude'? like u are the only person that is a vn and has a special interest in a certain breed .... maybe u should read your posts and see how u are coming across?
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Tupac got it right there! Michelle There is a lot of very experienced people on here I am also a qualified vet nurse who has worked part time with police dogs for 16years and i did wonder if my force has had any dogs off you but decided its prob best not to communicate with you personally cos you don't appear very friendly you might feel you have been attacked but if you read back you have done most of the attacking and people have just responded to it
Kizzy24
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2011, 02:01 PM
If you read every single page from start to finish you will see that my first post stated what i feel about showlines in general and the 2nd post I elaborated further on what I meant. I never attacked anyone but did only respond when I was quoted further in the conversation. I see Smokeybear's first post was "I wouldn't work a showline if you paid me" the next saying "it was like watching paint dry" but just because I am new...people jumped on me and started quoting things I said which is only how I feel. Did anyone ask SmokeyBear why it was like watching paint dry or why she wouldn't work a showline if you paid her? Nope...but i'm guessing her answer to this would of been something along the lines of what I said.
So are newcomers not allowed an opinion on how they feel on showlines?? I can think of faults with some working line shepherds too and why they are maybe not suitable for everyone and I would comment with these if the thread came up.
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >