View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 07:47 AM

"L" Plates on for Chloe (Learning to drive)

Morning I mentioned in Vicki's morning thread that Chloe was going to drive her car to work this morning ( Not passed her test yet) with me alongside her!!! ( not sure if that's good or bad )

Well miserable morning here, buckets of rain, but then stopped for a while so we set off ( 5 mins journey - max ). She was so very nervous, even having many lessons, different car, HER CAR and Mum....

She had a stalled start but then was off, drove beautifully, but was hesitant to get into 4th gear ??? said her instructor encouraged her to stay in 3rd ??

As we approached the turn off we could hear police sirens but couldn't determine the direction that they were coming from..... until the police car pulled out right infront of us!!!!! bless her she handled that so well.

Carried on to her place of work, and parked up, still nervous but pleased she did it!!

So, I drove back home, at at the junction left it late and slid across the road!!!! how different cars respond to the wet conditions!!!

All in all an eventful morning, I will pick her up from work this evening too, so that she can drive back home again.

She is due to start with a new instructor this evening, as the previous one was so unreliable and to be honest a complete waste of time and money! I think she may have had 20 lessons with her..........

Wish my girlie luck please x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 07:51 AM
good luck chloe ..................you can do it girl
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Thank you Mrs G xxxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 07:59 AM
welcome Mrs G
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Thank goodness it has stopped raining! I will go pick Chloe up at 4pm for her to drive back home....

plus have just seen "L" plates at £1.99.... I'm sure oh paid much more than that at Halfords
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Good look Chloe - I am sure you will soon pass your test
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Good Luck Chloe I was the same, i was so nervous every lesson I failed 2 tests because i was so nervous, then i decided to change my instructor and i passed 1 minute he would tell me to do something then the next lesson he would shout at me for doing it But when i changed, i was so much more confident

Chloe will be fine, if you can in between lessons get her out on the road in her own car, that'll help x