Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2015, 11:25 PM

"George the Dog, John the Artist" by John Dolan

I'm always on the lookout for books that feature a bully bred hero. In the new issue of Bark magazine they have an excerpt of this book. John was a career criminal, not very good at robbery. Basically he saw jail as a relief from sleeping on the streets.

Enter George, a male Staffordshire. Their relationship was cemented when a passing pedestrian offered to buy George, she was offering 2,000 pounds cash. John asks if she has human children. When she says she does, he questions how she would feel if he offered to buy one of them.

I could so identify. Where we live an intact American Bulldog is worth big bucks. The average gangbanger can't walk into a shelter and come out with a bully. The dogs must be neutered before they leave the shelter and workers usually sense when someone is looking for a game dog. But you know how many guys stop and ask if he's for sale, gonads or not.

At the end of the edited version John now realizes he's too old and tired to keep robbing. He's going to need a "real job" now. With a long criminal record he doesn't know how...but somehow he's going to be there for his dog. Sweet story really now I have to find the book.

Kind of like me the other day. Of course I have human family depending on me. But what spurred me to finally applying for a job position out of my comfort zone, but one I'm perfectly qualified, for is Callie. Everyone counts but I have to keep my man in dog food and a roof over his head. I can do this thing.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2015, 05:49 AM
After reading your post did a google and found lots of various sites about them. Have you? Interesting so I will look in the library over here. just looked and it is listed on my library website.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2015, 07:37 AM
John Dolan's first book "John and George: The Dog Who Changed My Life" was published by Random House in July 2014.[10] This is in wikipedia.