View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 05:50 PM

Terrible skin.....a few spots, oily skin and visible pores...

HELP!!!

Getting fed up with my skin now, it's really getting me down.

It doesn't matter what I eat, my skin is still the same.

I came off the pill last year, had a break and my bad skin came back again. And it's much more oily.

So, I'm now on one antibiotic a day for a few months to see if that helps. It's been a few month and is helping but the flare ups are pretty bad.

I've been using the same facial products that I've used for ages, so it can't be that.

I have visible pores on my cheeks at either side of my nose, on my nose and my chin. I've tried distilled witch hazel which seemed to help slightly at first, now it doesn't.

Can anyone recommend any products or something that would help me?

It's really getting me down now.

Thanks.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I found changing your products totally worked for me, a long long time ago. don't have that problem anymore I think your skin becomes sensitive to the same product, it's the same with my hair I change my shampoo every few months...keeps everything on its toes

Elaine xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I found changing your products totally worked for me, a long long time ago. don't have that problem anymore I think your skin becomes sensitive to the same product, it's the same with my hair I change my shampoo every few months...keeps everything on its toes

Elaine xx
Thanks, Elaine. Lucky for you! I may try changing products.

I'm nearly 24 and I'm still having skin issues that I wish I could've left behind me in my teens. *sigh*
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Mate, I hear you. My skin is the same, the only saving grace about it is that at 33 I still look 25 (or so I'm told ;o)

I have blackheads too, really bad!!

The only thing I find helps me is St Ives Blemish Fighting Scrub daily and Clinique's gel for oily skin moisturiser and nowt else on my face. The trouble is none of these products are animal testing free so I need to change but am scared to!!

Dianette (pill) was really good and mine seems more under control on the current one, Cerazette. Otherwise give the pills a go. they do work for some people.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Mate, I hear you. My skin is the same, the only saving grace about it is that at 33 I still look 25 (or so I'm told ;o)

I have blackheads too, really bad!!

The only thing I find helps me is St Ives Blemish Fighting Scrub daily and Clinique's gel for oily skin moisturiser and nowt else on my face. The trouble is none of these products are animal testing free so I need to change but am scared to!!

Dianette (pill) was really good and mine seems more under control on the current one, Cerazette. Otherwise give the pills a go. they do work for some people.
Thanks for that, Pidge.

I'd been on Dianette for a few years before I was taken off it at the end of last year. It worked a treat and my skin was great and my blood pressure was absolutely fine on it, but as I'd been on it for quite a long time, the doctor said it was time to try something else.

So, I agreed to see a dermatoligist, which I did, and she put me on one Tetralysal 300 antibiotic a day. It has been helping but I get breakouts much more often and they are a lot worse when that happens.

Getting totally fed up with it now, it's driving me mad.

I'll have a look at the products you suggested at the weekend when I go to look at new stuff to try. Thanks for that.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Thanks for that, Pidge.

I'd been on Dianette for a few years before I was taken off it at the end of last year. It worked a treat and my skin was great and my blood pressure was absolutely fine on it, but as I'd been on it for quite a long time, the doctor said it was time to try something else.

So, I agreed to see a dermatoligist, which I did, and she put me on one Tetralysal 300 antibiotic a day. It has been helping but I get breakouts much more often and they are a lot worse when that happens.

Getting totally fed up with it now, it's driving me mad.

I'll have a look at the products you suggested at the weekend when I go to look at new stuff to try. Thanks for that.
No worries, but I don't see why they took you off Dianette if it was working so well for you? I cried when I had to come off it as it was also great for me but they thought it was contributing to my migraines so I had to go on a PoP.

Good luck with it all though sweetie, it does feel rubbish!! xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
No worries, but I don't see why they took you off Dianette if it was working so well for you? I cried when I had to come off it as it was also great for me but they thought it was contributing to my migraines so I had to go on a PoP.

Good luck with it all though sweetie, it does feel rubbish!! xx
They spoke about bloody clots, fertility etc, so I went with the doctor's advice to try something else....I wish I hadn't now.

You know, I'm actually going to phone tomorrow for an appointment to see if they'll let me go back on it. I was so much better on it in many ways, not least of all my skin. Let's hope the doctor lets me, now I've had a break from it!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Have a good chat about the pros and cons of it. I know it does have a bad reputation but if it was working so well for you I don't see the harm in continuing. Make sure you get ALL the facts though.

Good luck!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:49 PM
No, I don't see the harm either, personally. I loved being on it!

Thanks, I'll let you now kwhat they say!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:14 PM
I am sure some of the B vitamins can help. Also try using an oil based cleanser instead of a milk one, use a mild toner, a water based moisturiser (you probably do this anyway) and exfoliate at least once a week.

Hope you can get it sorted as it sounds like it is getting you down .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >