Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 03:50 PM

More Winter Weather Forecast.

Be aware everyone ( particularly in the South ) severe winter storms are forecast for tonight.
Put your postcode in the met office site to see if there are any warnings in your area.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...ngs.html?day=1
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks Nippy, I'm keeping watch on the news coz we're getting the brunt of this in the South East. It hasn't stopped all day, really heavy rain, but as yet, it's not horizontal although it will be later on tonight Not looking forward to it, but being in the loft now, I do love hearing it on the roof, it feels kind of cosy!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Nippy, I'm keeping watch on the news coz we're getting the brunt of this in the South East. It hasn't stopped all day, really heavy rain, but as yet, it's not horizontal although it will be later on tonight Not looking forward to it, but being in the loft now, I do love hearing it on the roof, it feels kind of cosy!
Batten down those hatches Helena, you and me could be in the direct path of it
I have just been for my swim, may as well not have bothered could have just gone out in the garden
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Yours could be snow I think Been a very long time since we had a big storm like this, I hope they put enough nails in that loft extension of mine You could have popped over here for your swim Jen, my front lawn has almost turned into a swimming pool the amount of rain, and I won't tell you the state Georgie just came back in Tcht! Puppies!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Thats a useful site, looks like we will just get rain can't say I am too sorry though it has been treacharous (sp) walking Ollie this past week on the icy roads.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't normally welcome snow...but if it gets me out of Uni tomorrow *crosses fingers*
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Blooming rain hasn't stopped here all day. Tilly won't even go out for a wee it's so torrential & she has beenweeing all over the place indoors. Hubby braved a walk with her late this afternoon as she seemed SO wound up & they both came back like drowned rats - kids came home from school/college - equally drenched. I got drenched just getting from my college door to car. The whole family's in a bad mood - just managed to coax the cat in - a wet bedraggled persian whose gonna take ages to dry & brush....grumble grumle...... oh & my hall & kitchen floors are filthy
I wish it were summer
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
What is horizontal rain? I heard somebody on tv say it & laughed as I thought "they obviously mean vertical" as rain can't fall horizontally....... am I having a blonde moment?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Lol! No, when the wind is blowing a gale, I watch the rain outside this office window, especially against the big light of the restaurant opposite me, and it's sideways rain!!! That's horizontal isn't it, or am I having one of those senior moments again then?? I'm near you, but West Sussex, so I know how bad it's been today. I did manage to get out this morning at 7.30 when it wasn't too bad, well it was bad, but not like it was this afternoon, and we've got worse to come tonight, a lot worse by the sounds of it
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
i cant tell where to add postcodes

also, it only says heavy rain for south east, cant find anything about storms
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >