Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Am eye wrong?

Lacey has dry eye and needs Lubrithal gel in them four times a day.Administering them is a nightmare she has snapped a few times.On my own with this as hubby works away.Desperate times call for desperate measures,so earlier I put the gel and a tiny bit of water into a spray bottle and sprayed them in, worked a treat, no stress! Am I wrong to do that?Please advise
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2013, 07:47 PM
You were desperate and when desperate we employ desperate measures!

I'd say she at least got 'some' of it in the eye!

I need another body to wrestle the dog upside down to be able to administer anything like that. Apart from when I had my old Cavalier. She was a sweetie who would allow you to do ANYTHING to her.

Bella the minpin is the absolute opposite - she runs and hides under the bed if you even LOOK at some part of her that is troubling or might be a problem. She is just totally GERROFF ME!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Thankyou.She is normally really good, since losing her eye she's understandably nervous and I don't want to cause her any more stress.xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Another thing that occurred to me was this. Would it be possible (instead of aiming some eye drop container or whatever at her eye - let's face it most humans would flinch away from that) that you could put it on your finger and wipe it on? Even if it took longer to get it there? Well summat like that?

*of course if it was Bella - she'd be off as soon as I headed for where I kept the drops!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Another thing that occurred to me was this. Would it be possible (instead of aiming some eye drop container or whatever at her eye - let's face it most humans would flinch away from that) that you could put it on your finger and wipe it on? Even if it took longer to get it there? Well summat like that?

*of course if it was Bella - she'd be off as soon as I headed for where I kept the drops!
I knew I could count on you Mrs Pat! Never thought of that, will give it a go.Will let you know how it go's,....if I can still type!!!