Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zora's mommy
New Member!
Female 

16-05-2013, 02:31 PM

Pancreatitis

My rott just had a very scary episode of pancreatits with a 2 day stay at the vet. She has had this episode before and recovered but this time was a bit more serious. She is now on vet recommended diet food but misses her treats. This food is pretty costly so I was wondering if there were any other recommendations for food and treats.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Mollie can only have treats with no fat so carrots are a favourite.
Zora's mommy
New Member!
Female 

16-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks! Zora loves carrots, baby carrots especially. Will keep these on hand for her. I baked her some goodies with ground up carrots, whole wheat flour, chicken broth (made with one boullion and 3 cups water and ground dry dog food, one egg (her diet dog food) and added a little honey and she absolutely loves these.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2013, 06:15 PM
My mini Schnauzer had Pancreatitis about seven years ago now, she was in the vets for three days and on a drip all that time but she got through it and has been on Royal Canin Low Fat dried food which we soak in warm water ever since she had that condition and still is and luckily has never had another bout of it. We buy it from the vets.

We do give her one Denta Stix a day (the small ones) and low fat treats (not many). You can see low fat treats in pet shops, there are also low fat meaty strip chews and we just break little bits of them and give them to her.

Good luck with your dog anyway.
Zora's mommy
New Member!
Female 

17-05-2013, 01:47 AM
Thank you Asti, glad to know that the denta stix does not bother her. I was concerned because it did not have fat content on the package. I will look at our local pet store for low fat snacks. I did bake Zora some home made treats and she seems to enjoy them.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 06:10 AM
I have a dog with EPI and I dehydrate chicken in the oven for him.. that seems to work and he loves them.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Zora's mommy View Post
Thank you Asti, glad to know that the denta stix does not bother her. I was concerned because it did not have fat content on the package. I will look at our local pet store for low fat snacks. I did bake Zora some home made treats and she seems to enjoy them.
Found this info on dentastix http://www.pedigree.com/really-good-....aspx#overview hope it helps. Personally I didn't like the ingrediants list too many chemicals I couldn't identify.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi if you go to Which Dog Food UK you put in what your budget is breed of dog special needs it has over a thousand dog foods and I think it may do treats,Gemini54
Zora's mommy
New Member!
Female 

18-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Thanks I will be sure to check this out these websites out. I am also going to ask her vet about the denta stix
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Fish for dogs treats are good,also any antos range of chew are all low fats