Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 03:58 PM

Ten things I hate about dieting!

For reluctance dieters - here is my top ten "hate" list!

1. being compelled to stand in a draughty hall once a week to be humiliated by some stick insect
2. and paying for it
3. becoming a diet bore and irritating my friends
4. having no access to nature's natural tranquiliser (carb)
5. being irritated by the language in the recipes - "drizzle", "smear", "dab" - if you can have so little of it, why bother?
6. being made to feel inadequate if I don't lose every week
7. having no pleasures left in life
8. seeing the dogs eating better that I do
9. tossing and turning all night wracked by dreams of cream cakes and pizza's
10. AGREEING TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Gill

"Dieting's easy. I do it every six months!"
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by spotsmad
For reluctance dieters - here is my top ten "hate" list!

1. being compelled to stand in a draughty hall once a week to be humiliated by some stick insect
2. and paying for it
3. becoming a diet bore and irritating my friends
4. having no access to nature's natural tranquiliser (carb)
5. being irritated by the language in the recipes - "drizzle", "smear", "dab" - if you can have so little of it, why bother?
6. being made to feel inadequate if I don't lose every week
7. having no pleasures left in life
8. seeing the dogs eating better that I do
9. tossing and turning all night wracked by dreams of cream cakes and pizza's
10. AGREEING TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Gill

"Dieting's easy. I do it every six months!"

You poor thing, it sounds cr*p!
How about

Don't go to the rotten hall, go DIY, hence don't have to pay for it. Can always start up a weight loss section on here????

No. 3 is gonna happen anyway.

You can have your carb and eat it ( ) if you do aerobic exercise as you need the carb for glycogen in the muscle - try running, rowing, cycling, squash, tennis, swimming, etc. Did you ever see anyone involved in these sports that didn't eat carbs? Try the low GI diet - good carbs in moderation. You also need carbs (good ones - not white bread or sugar) for mood regulation.

Drizzle etc. - forget all that and go for low fat/cal dressings. It sounds boring initially but lemon juice is lovely on a salad/fish etc., with seasonings such as spicey Italian (garlic etc.). Have you tried the really low fat mayo's? They're not bad. You do get used to them. Once you ditch the high fat, high sugar stuff you get used to more sharp tastes and the others taste a bit rich after a while.

DO NOT feel inadequate. You are SOOOOOOOOOOOO not inadequate!!!!! There is so much more to life than losing weight, and you are worth so much more than a few flaming pounds on the scales. Think of all the other things in your life that you are involved in - you are SO valid in your own right.

You need pleasures, my God, you so need pleasures. A once a week choccie or carb fix, whatever floats your boat, you must do it. Life is far too short!

The last three - calories in equal calories out. Don't take in more than you use. One pound of fat = 3500 calories. Just try to get the balance and enjoy yourself. If you pig out - don't let it be the end of everything, cut back for a few days.

And if push comes to shove - just remember your dog loves you regardless of what you look like, his love is unconditional and so worthwhile.

Hope I haven't offended, I just feel you shouldn't have to go through this every week at the club.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 05:13 PM
LS, I couldn't agree more! and can't really add anything to it - take it slow Gill, don't bother with those meetings, I did and it depressed me!!!! and for goodness sake don't fret about it - LIFE IS TOO SHORT
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Forget about the word 'diet' too!
Just eat healthily, and exercise!

Me and Oh want to be a little more fit.
We make sure we eat proper meals - meat and veg, or pasta with veg every day.
We still nibble whilst watching TV - get a popcorn maker, and make popcorn(with nothing on) - eat loads!
I nibble on nuts and raisins too, and I still have a few biccies with my cup of tea!

We have bought one of those little trampolines, and I am doing about 15 mins every other day (don't over do it to start with). We also bought a skipping rope, and some of those wrist/ankle weights - hardly spent any money, because we don't have a lot!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Oh dear oh dear oh dear....... I knew I should have posted this somewhere else....
I am not on a diet, just thought this might be amusing, as it illustrates what I think of the "industry" - and why I don't go on formal diets....... but, thanks for the great advice guys, it's good to know there is such support out there should I need it!

Gill

XXXXX

Happy size 16
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 09:01 PM
yeap that sounds like millions of us ....LOL
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Arghghghgh :smt021
Sorry Spotsmad, was getting all outraged on your behalf!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 10:03 PM
No I'm sorry - and your post was brilliant!

Gill