View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Should all be over bar the shouting by now so I hope it's gone well and they found out that you are as fit as a fiddle
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Hope it's gone well and they have found some answers - good ones of course!

Helen
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Hope it's gone well and they have found some answers - good ones of course!

Helen
ditto. Sending hugs. x
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Hope all is well in your noggin!! Glad you are getting properly checked out
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Oh I dunno.... is it me????!!!!

I went for the scan, all went well. The bloke who did me wasn't too "chatty" but pleasant enough and got the job done, but what worried me was the change in his persona when he came back to get me out of there. He went all "cagey" on me, wanted to skirt around my questions, and you know how you just "know" when summat's up!! Well, I felt it!

I asked him about the results and what happens next. Normally they are sent out on Monday, but if there's something important then they are sent to the doc straight away! Then he wouldn't answer my questions, and ended up saying "your doctor will answer you, and he will have your results this afternoon"! Now considering this was already 2.00pm and he must have forgotten that he had said "if there's a problem they are sent to the doc straight away" then that this doesn't sound like good news does it! Another comment I remember is "I've seen something that I don't understand"!!!

To top it all, I've just rung my surgery because of the time, I asked if the doctor I saw this morning was on duty ALL day or just this morning and was told "just this morning"! I then told her that I had been sent for an urgent scan, for which I paid £400 for the priveledge, and they told me that if there was a problem, the results would be sent to my doctor straight away? Oh yes, we have them here she says. So I ask her, "well, which doctor is going to look at them then?" "Oh", she says, "I don't know, they're just sitting here waiting for doctor Shipsey on Monday"!!!!!!!! I told her I didn't think it would be a good idea for me to go trapsing over the south downs tomorrow morning if I've got what the doctor suspected this morning!!!

You can imagine what I said next and was told to hold on.......and the duty doctor will be ringing me back somewhen!!!!! Lord give me strength! Is it me then????

I think this is quite outrageous, but maybe that's because my brain is damaged, but Dave seems to agree with me on this one too as he just walked in the door and I told him.

Jeeeze!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Blimey girl, when it rains it pours!! There's no wonder the health service gets a bad name! Such a shame too because without 'em we'd all be sunk.

Everything crossed that whatever the technician didn't seem to understand on the scan is nothing too serious, but aren't you now glad that you were bullied into going? Always better safe than sorry.

xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Well I hope things are not as bad as you are thinking.

Has the duty doctor rung you back yet ?
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Hope it's not as bad as it seems.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 06:41 PM
She's just rung me back. They have nothing!!! I told her the receptionist said it was sitting on the desk in front of her, but she said she got that wrong, because it had MRI on the envelope, but it was the doctor's request from themselves, and not my results!!!

I told her that I could have had this MRI done in Brighton at half the cost, but the doctor was so concerned this morning, he wanted it done today, so I spent my £400 and did what he told me. I also told her that the radiographer had told me that my results would be going to my doctor this afternoon, so why would he say that, if they were going to be sent via the normal route then? He had also said he had seen something that "he didn't understand", to which she replied, that if he was a radiographer worth his job, he would not have sent me home if he saw a bleed on the brain. She said she would look to see if they had got a fax through, but nothing, then she had another box to look into and... nothing.

So I'm sitting here, £400 quid shorter, and still with no answer, so I can only assume all is well and I can carry on as normal, until I keel over with that unknown entity that he saw today but my doctor doesn't know about yet!!! It's quite unbelievable to me, that a doctor who KNEW he would be leaving at lunchtime, not back until sometime next week sends me off for this without leaving notification in the office for somebody to blooming well follow up on this MRI this afternoon, seeing as how very important it was to him this morning, afterall, how much is a phone call to the hospital, just to ask if everything seemed ok!!!

I remember a few years ago, when I had a normal x-ray on my neck, and wondered why my doctors had not received it within 3 weeks, so I rang the hospital and they told me they had sent it to my doctors just a week AFTER I had had it, and it had been signed as received, but of course, my doctors denied ever having received them, so they sent more copies, and the radiographer at the hospital was not too happy with them over that.

Now it seems I could be in the same boat!! At least I'll get my own copy through the post, but I'm no brain surgeon, so Google's gonna be busy next week lol!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 06:56 PM
What a disgrace, I would be furious bad enough having to pay for the scan yourself but to still have no answer, not good enough is it.

I would continue to go easy until you have the all clear, better to be safe than sorry.
Page 8 of 19 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »