Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Hatchiko is too sad for me Watched it once but probably wouldn't put myself through it again! Bit like Marley and Me, might watch it again but would skip the last half hour!

I prefer the sugary, happy kids ones that make me laugh. I do love Homeward Bound though, have done every since I was a kid. I remember my mum sobbing in the cinema because she thought Shadow wasn't going to come over the hill.....
I can watch Hatchiko I find Marely and Me more upsetting to watch!

Oh I cried myself silly watching that scene and I never cry at movies.
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Marley and Me has to win the award for most drawn out death scene ever. Literally the last 40 minutes must be reiterating the fact that he's gone and not coming back, grab the kids, look at photos of him, montage of him growing up, close up of him at the vets, everyone says goodbye, time for another montage.... Just a teensy bit over the top for my taste!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Beethoven!!!!!!

I've yet to watch Hatchiko...
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Ah yes Beethoven was another fav in my childhood Gave up after 2 though!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
i have it on dvd and love it never too old for a disney film

i think its because they think crop eared dobes look scary, the evil dog in marmaduke is too.

i need the second one now
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Beethoven!!!!!!

I've yet to watch Hatchiko...
I love Beethoven! Now thats the best movie ever!

If you watch Hatchiko get a box of tissues at the ready because the tears quite out of controll ^^''
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 10:50 PM
hatchiko is that saddest film i have ever seen i sobbed like a baby through most of the film and for a bit after and then again te next day trying to tell my friend about it. I also cry at marley & me, 42 below, i am legend, free willy (i know thats not dogs) black beauty. Im a proper softy deep down when it comes to animals yet titanic or armageddon dont get a tear
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
hatchiko is that saddest film i have ever seen i sobbed like a baby through most of the film and for a bit after and then again te next day trying to tell my friend about it. I also cry at marley & me, 42 below, i am legend, free willy (i know thats not dogs) black beauty. Im a proper softy deep down when it comes to animals yet titanic or armageddon dont get a tear
I'm exactly the same. I could watch a 1000 people get slaughtered in a film and not bat an eyelid generally, but animals really get to me - even though it's not real! Sam's death in I Am Legend really upset and spoilt the end of the film for me as I was too busy muttering "I can't believe they killed Sam off!"
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I'm exactly the same. I could watch a 1000 people get slaughtered in a film and not bat an eyelid generally, but animals really get to me - even though it's not real! Sam's death in I Am Legend really upset and spoilt the end of the film for me as I was too busy muttering "I can't believe they killed Sam off!"
I knew the dog had it comming!

but strangely I didnt get as upset as I did at Hatchiko
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I knew the dog had it comming!

but strangely I didnt get as upset as I did at Hatchiko
i got more upset at hatchiko as i did at any other film it really traumatized me i get upset now if i think about it and i watched it a year ago.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >