Female 

27-03-2005, 08:04 PM

Favourite walk

Where is your dogs favourite walk?
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2005, 08:12 PM
About 1/2 a mile from my house, the countryside starts. There is a large part of forrestry commision land with paths through it, it is close enough for dog walkers but to far for strollers, and in early morning or late summer evening it is an ideal area for my two Staffords they can run free for miles and you can see anyone approaching, also the veiw of the west of Scotland is fantastic.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 08:14 PM
It sounds idylic. :smt023
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 08:19 PM
We live in the country..our walk is down a couple of tracks, over the fields which are bordered with pine trees,the dogs love all the smells,its a lovely place to sit in the summer..They even have their own watering hole.....
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Star's favourite walk is an old football ground complete with terraces although they are full of trees now. She gets lost in among it all.

For those in Scotland its the old Third Lanark ground Cathkin Park. No one else will have heard of it.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Luna dont have any favourite waks as such, she just loves getting out...

But if they include water in shape of lakes or at the beach, I think they would get right up there on the list

Luna have in the age of nearly 2 discovered that she's a water dogs

About time too
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, my puppies havent been to enough places to have a favourite, but their mum Chloe definately does. She LOVES being walked on Cleeve Hill, which if anyone watched the Cheltenham Gold Cup, its the pretty hill you can see in the background on most of the shots of the race course!
In the summer i walk her up there several times a week, theres a natural spring there that she loves to swim in and she chases the rabbits and runs up and down the hills, its pretty much perfect for walking dogs and lots of people take their dogs up there! I have even taken my horse up with Chloe which she thinks is great fun as she runs along with him while we have a canter over the hill!

When the puppies are big enough to go on a long-ish walk i'll take some pictures! It has some of the most beautiful scenery! Its amazing!
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 09:56 PM
mine is up the mounting. as i live in a valley there are a few to pic from but the one the dogs like the best is about 30 mins walk from the house there is an old farm that backs on to forrestry commision land you can walk that right up to the top lake then follow the river down to the bottom lake and then home (thats the pic i sent in last weekend)
in the summer we do that a few times a week as you can see for miles and they can have a bit of free run and then in the lake at the end
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Well my girls favorite walk is round Crummock Water where they also love to go swimming

katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 10:19 PM
maxs favourite walk is anywhere his sisters are with him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >