Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi Adele,

I think Stormey has hit the nail on the head, the rescue centre will be able to advise his new owners on his seperation anxiety issues, had they known about it before you took him on then they could have advised you and, with the neighbours in mind, you would probably have not taken him in the first place.

I don't think you are a bad person at all, I admire those who take on rescue animals and we all do it with the best intentions, unfortunately it can sometimes cause problems with those that already live with us and, if its something that is beyond our capabilities then it is far kinder to let the dog get help from people that have the right experience for that particular problem/complex or whatever people like to call it.

We often have to make these judgement calls and they are never easy, I'm sure most people will be supportive of you, and it is very important that you believe you are doing the right thing for the right reasons, as I, for one, am sure you are.

Sheree x
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Poor wee Tim, at least you are acting quickly, I feel for you with the nieghbors, some times you just wish they would take the pole from out there a.., does that mean if you get another dog your gonna have to take them into consideration every time, poor you.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
What a shame It must be a hard decision to have to take him back. I think the rescue have failed you and Tim really, they should have fully assessed him before putting him in a home where the owners work full-time and also have another dog. It isn't your fault, so don't beat yourself up.

I hope Tim finds a new home soon.
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all your nice comments, Im sure you all realise I have not made this decision lightly.
Yeah it has only been a week but I am sensible enough to see this will not work, why prolong it and let Tim get even more attached. I hoped I could help this little guy because he is great but we are just not the right household for him. Im sure now Tim will find a suitable home where the owners are right for him,because the centre will know more about him now, im going to write a full profile of everything iv have learnt about him this week, so im sure that will help. It would be selfish of me to try to keep him.

'spot' I have certainly not given up on/or slated rescue dogs. I met lots of great dogs at the centre and would take them all if I had a massive house and no job to go to! I really am passionate about helping Staffords I love them dearly, even if I cant directly help by rehoming I will try to help in other ways .
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Poor wee Tim, at least you are acting quickly, I feel for you with the nieghbors, some times you just wish they would take the pole from out there a.., does that mean if you get another dog your gonna have to take them into consideration every time, poor you.
I agree with the pole idea! I will have to consider them yes, I live in a semi, so I have to respect people around me. I guess if the shoe was on the other foot and a dog was screaming for hours and hours everyday/night I wouldnt be happy either!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What a shame It must be a hard decision to have to take him back. I think the rescue have failed you and Tim really, they should have fully assessed him before putting him in a home where the owners work full-time and also have another dog. It isn't your fault, so don't beat yourself up.

I hope Tim finds a new home soon.
I agree, surely the rescue could have and should have done more careful assessment. Hopefully the wee lad will get a new home soon
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2007, 03:09 PM
you tried if its not going to work out theres no point in prolonging it.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I agree, surely the rescue could have and should have done more careful assessment. Hopefully the wee lad will get a new home soon
I kind of agree, but seperation imo is something that would be difficult to asses in a rescue center.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Thats a shame for you, plus you have to think of Gregg,it sounds like he was having a bit of a hard time from Tim.

Hopefully now that you can tell the recue centre what you have learnt about Tim they will be able to find a more suitable home for him. I'm sure you will find a pal for Gregg.
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I kind of agree, but seperation imo is something that would be difficult to asses in a rescue center.
It is very hard to assess from a rescue centre, he was upset in the kennels but then who wouldnt be! I dont think they are to blame at all,they didnt know his background. There is no blame involved, I just want Tim to be happy, at least now I know more about him I can give them all the info they need to know to help him find the right place
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >