View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 09:32 PM
I swear the world has gone absolutely mental...once upon a time you were encouraged to pet a dog provided you asked the owner (well my school did) we used to have ducklings and chicks that we incubated and hatched, we used to chase each other round the playground and wrestle. Now... well you can't play with snow because you will get wet!! Can't wrestle as you may get hurt (funny how we all survived school) god forbid you play conkers without safety goggles!!! I think if I had children I would like to send them to one of the schools that are allowing children to take their own risks in the playground... just the way we used to be. My dad said the other night that he was glad he was born when he was and will be gone soon as he is so frustrated by the constant whining by people about how they have been offended by a comment, he wants to know what happened to either ignoring it or telling the person to their face...he says everything is now blown up out of all proportion and somebody who say calls so.ebody love can be treated like a criminal
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I swear the world has gone absolutely mental...once upon a time you were encouraged to pet a dog provided you asked the owner (well my school did) we used to have ducklings and chicks that we incubated and hatched, we used to chase each other round the playground and wrestle. Now... well you can't play with snow because you will get wet!! Can't wrestle as you may get hurt (funny how we all survived school) god forbid you play conkers without safety goggles!!! I think if I had children I would like to send them to one of the schools that are allowing children to take their own risks in the playground... just the way we used to be. My dad said the other night that he was glad he was born when he was and will be gone soon as he is so frustrated by the constant whining by people about how they have been offended by a comment, he wants to know what happened to either ignoring it or telling the person to their face...he says everything is now blown up out of all proportion and somebody who say calls so.ebody love can be treated like a criminal

What an excellant post, very well put and I'm so glad that someone like you (Younger and prettier ) has said this, pretty much sums up my feelings.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3