View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2015, 05:20 PM
oh dear that doesn't sound good Griff. I am pulling the plug now as I have chronic gout again. My fault eating seafood. So off to get my foot up take care all, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2015, 05:25 PM
oh no Moyra!!!!!! i hope it settles down quickly
my parents don't seem to be having much luck with holidays lately, hopefully the one at the end of the month will be better, lake district then
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Hi Peeps
Been out all day with OH and Sarah,Leah had to study Went to M&S got hubby kitted out for trip,bought some food while we were there and Boots got a big hit too Had a lovely time Weather is Bleedin awful
2 BF's in now,older two are heading out and younger one's are watching a dvd.Hubby is out in the office cooking the books so I'm in charge of dinner
Think its full moon season LYNN & POPSTER,that's what's wrong with all the men,they become effected you know Did notice mine was extra witty today,bit high( it's the moon )
Hope everyone is ok xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Think its full moon season that's what's wrong with all the men,they become effected you know Did notice mine was extra witty today,bit high( it's the moon )
Hi Eileen so that's what the cause is, full moon, hmmmm as it happens I've not been in a good mood today, thought it was this pesky headache thing, maybe not, 'tho the moon is not out yet

Apologies to one and all for missing a few days, just had a load of things to do.

Gordon, what type of traps do you use if you use any, I'm sure Scout is better than any trap. I'm told that we did have rats here when the previous owner installed some chickens but no one has seen any since she sold us the house. I use the ones made by Rentokill called 'The big cheese' they are quite good.

Still laughing at the 'footprints in the butter' tale, meant to say that would have been a perfect sketch for the Two Ronnies.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Swear by it HARVEY,not like you to be off form(( hugs ))hope you're ok xx How are the doglets?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Evening everyone thawed a bit now. My car going wrong doesn't help things I always get tetchy if I have to be without transport for a few days. It being a bank holiday doesn't help as I don't expect I will hear anything now till at least Tuesday.
Good thing Gorden doesn't take too much notice of me I suppose while I go around banging things and swearing about him.
I now have some wood battening down on the floor and on the walls ready for walls to start going up soon.
I had a feeling the new baby would be a girl. I watched on a video William taking George to visit his new sister he is such a lovely dad.
I am sure your invite will be in the post soon Gordon.

Weather been dry here but cold. Popped out for some bits of shopping fed Dillon now sitting down for the evening.
Hope the gout eases soon Moyra, pesky rats Gordon I am sure Scout will soon despatch it before it gets a chance to murder the little chicks.
Hello Harvey hope that headache moves along soon.
Hope everyone else has had a nice day.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Curses - just lost a big post, so here we go again.
Moyra - hope you are soon recovered from the Prawns' Revenge.
Griff - Our southern boundary borders the Peak District although not the touristy bit, it's mostly just heather, bogs and rocks, although down in the bottom corner there is Dovestones Reservoir, which is an RSPB Sanctuary, and attracts folk with that sort of interest (there are peregrine falcons nesting there every spring) also lots of walkers. Do please tel the name of that soot hole of a place that your parents are staying in as I would dearly love to avoid it. Mind - in my drinking days I always thought Carling tasted like sewage anyway (even the well kept stuff).
Harvey - I use a Fenn Mark4 trap for rats, it is humane society approved, used generally by keepers etc. Although they are relatively costly (around £7 each) they are very robust and last a lifetime, killing outright and very quickly. I always have a couple set around the place, in places where they will not catch non-target species (behind the corn store barrels etc) which I check daily, morning and evening when I lock everything up. The one advantage they have over the terrier is of course they are working when you aren't there!! In the "good old days" the keepers would have dealt with this problem but as we are a non-shooting place they are not needed. So I tend to do the vermin control myself as part of the daily tasks. This Spring has seen a mini-explosion of rats, we are not usually that bothered by them and the dogs tend to deal with the miscreants that inflict their presence upon us. No doubt they will soon be brought down to an acceptable level (preferably Nil).
Eileen - So it's the moon - is it? You accusing your OH of being extra witty today! Poor chap must have a wonderful sense of humour - considering......................!!!!!
Bye for now folks will hopefully see you later, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2015, 06:38 PM
hope your headache is better now Harvey?
Lacey, watched a program once about the police an there were a few on patrol in a city centre and they said the night would be awful, apparently it always was on a full moon.... they swore blind it had an effect on the drinkers. Glad you got your OH's gear for his hols...not long now is it?
just looked at my brothers schedule that he emailed me and today he is at the hoover dam, tomorrow off to las vegas, he has done washington now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Hi Lynn, glad to hear your Gorden doesn't mind you being a bit off... heck if he did just lob a winalot biccie at him Lol
Gordon, i will post the name of the place when mum and dad get back, wouldn't be surprised if they came home early
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Considering what exactly LG???...I can guess what you're implying My OH is the funniest person I've ever met,seriously.You really wouldn't want him to have anything on you though,he's a devil for slagging and taking the P Does make me laugh though
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >