View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2015, 11:11 AM
omg, the courier has been...........my porch is full of boxes! i can only just shut the front door and shuffle into the house and shut the inner door, lovely lad from ups did all the fetching and carrying for me! thank go for that, me and 60 bottles of wine.... that would be a disaster Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2015, 11:47 AM
60 bottles all over to your then for a knees up griff.

Gosh just had a very frightening experience. Grooming Dillon and came to the ear cleaning. He hates it so I use the winalot there's that word again bone shaped biscuits and hold it tight in one hand he nibbles while I wipe and clean his ears with a large cotton pad in the other hand. He pulled away quickly and I couldn't find the pad . So after many more biscuits thinking it was still in his ear panicked and rung Gorden. No sure what he could do, and no transport for the vet as the brakes went on my way home from shopping yesterday. Have a mobile mechanic coming tomorrow to see what needs doing hopefully he can fit it in in the week. So I am thinking typical will have to see if the vet can pick him up or come over. Shook his bed out nothing got down on my hands and knees and it had gone under the cupboard.
I felt quite sick I mean I know he is large but even his ear canals are not big enough to swallow up a cotton pad.
Having a coffee now need a bit of brandy in there I think he is laying blissfully unaware in the sunshine thinking about all the extra biscuits he managed to get fed.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Afternoon
GRIFF,60 bottles of wine?seriously?
LYNN,you will give herself a heart attack one if these days Glad the cotton pad turned up
House and garden are shining,just need to iron.Gorgeous here today
Heading off shopping tomorrow with OH,he needs to get sorted for our forthcoming trip.He was in Brussels on Thursday looking at a hotel job.All of June,July and August it will take but he will go over occasionally himself,get the lads to do it Enough going on in Dub to keep him busy
Thank goodness is Friday
Hope everyone is well and having a good day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2015, 11:57 AM
oh god lynn, how scary... i am dreadful i don't go near the dogs ears, i have a quick look and that's it really..... i won't even bath their heads incase they get water in their lugs and get an ear infection, i make do with dry shampoo stuff for their heads.
Sorry to hear your brakes went, lucky you got home in one piece, hopefully the mechanic will sort it out
just waiting for my dad to come home from work and then he can empty the porch out, they are off to the peak district tomorrow as they have never been but it is close enough for them to come back if i need them...my brother is in america and normally i would call him if i needed anyone when mum and dad were away. Not sure if i said or not but he has a new job as well...all is going good for him, he deserves this new job as he has been underpaid and overworked for so very long now, he is going to be sad to leave his job as he has been with them for 16 years but he is doubling his pay for less hours!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Oh Lynn, what a fright! Thank God it turned up.

Griff, well done to your brother I hope he likes his new job.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2015, 12:30 PM
yep, 60 bottles, if you buy it in the uk it is about 8 quid, direct from spanish winemaker and it is £3.50ish. he is hoping to get the club he goes to will stock it so he will let the steward try a bottle or 2

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Heart stopped racing now and Dillon laying oblivious in the conservatory he has upgraded form the garden.
Enjoy the trip tomorrow Eileen, hope it all continues to go well for your brother griff. Your mum and dad will love the Peak district I am sure it is a beautiful place.
It was a bit hairy realising my brakes were virtually non existent yesterday on the way home. You put your foot on the brake and the pedal almost touches the floor. Good job I know how to use gears to slow down. Gorden has topped up the brake fluid a couple of times recently and all seemed fine till yesterday. Must have a leak as when you pump the brakes all you can hear is air. Bit annoyed really the front brakes only done roughly 18 months ago and the back ones last June for the MOT. Gorden's need doing too his are booked for the 9th.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2015, 01:19 PM
OMG Lynn, fancy the cotton wool pad disappearing into Dillons ear, thank goodness it was just under somewhere, strange thing about that, you can never ever find stuff that dropped 'just there' only nano seconds ago. Back from bone run, girls sorted and had lunch, bones bagged and in freezers, no idea how I'm going to fit anything in anywhere else really Got a massive ox heart they've chopped up for me and bagged it in 4 separate bags this time, so it doesn't all get defrosted at the same time if I forget about it and don't just take the defrosted pieces out and return the rest to the freezer. Called into a Morrisons near there and came out with 2 of the poppy seed plaits for £1, a profiterole dessert and a little container of ox heart in case I don't manage to get anymore for a while. Griff do NOT drink the wine . One of Mabs and Cruz's daughters is in Castleton (I think) in the Peak District. Well done to your brother getting such a great job, well deserved as you say. Not read much of whats gone on, had a quick read before I went out and adding this onto the end. Off out for shopping now, back later. Forgot to say Lynn, my corroded brake pipes are in the garage on Wednesday, hope I've got enough saved up, if not I'll have to scrub floors lol. Must be the time of year for brakes, you may have a leak in the master cylinder if you have to keep topping up the fluid, hoping they can find a 2nd hand part for you
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks all, my brother sometimes needs a kick up the bum to sort himself out...this time he was "head hunted" he is on holiday for a few weeks, comes back does a few days with his old employer then finishes, has a month off and then starts with the new lot...hopefully he will find it suits him better but if not he will easily get another job
Lynn, sounds like you might have a corroded pipe...hopefully be a small section and the man will just make you a replacement pipe, i used to like doing that
all wine safely stored, need to get myself to the chemists in a bit, my catheters have arrived, what a bl**dy palava that was.. the company who supply the things don't like chemists ordering off them, they prefer to cut out the middle man and just supply direct to me... i prefer to deal direct with my pharmacist instead so i have had to wait since tuesday to get my script filled
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Thanks June and griff couldn't wait could they for another few weeks till hopefully my money comes through when I will be replacing the cars.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >